Welcome to Ford XR6 Turbo.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rab

Phillip Island Track Day - Tues 10th Jan

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Wilko16 said:

I might have to be like Keith and passenger it

Keith's driving this one :)

Got 4 of us doing the Island now. Only a few places left.

Edited by Rab

Cleaning out the car and taking out the baby seat to get ready for tomorrow morning :)

Weather's looking a lot better than earlier - high 20's sounds better than high 30's :)

Should be a great day - fingers crossed we all have a clean one.

Awesome, awesome day.

Clean, fantastic day for us all.

Need more traction and more skill (probably in the reverse order)

Red H.S.V.'s had their own club - other colour H.S.V.'s had the second one - rest of us had fun ;)

2 people like this

Where's the pics ? And videos

What time did you get ?

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

Posted (edited)

2.05 - we chose the wrong group (slow) - there were just too many cars to get clean laps in without being held up through sections.

I even went out 1st to try and ensure a clear track, but there were still cars coming out of the pits when I made it round to the start line (putting me at the tail of the slower cars who decided to hang back and go out last)

I think I went a bit too firm on my rear suspension - was struggling for traction in the later sessions (after I firmed it up) and put it down to the track/tyres getting warmer - thinking back I think the ride may have been a tad too tight.

Will be going through video tonight (hopefully) to try and find some decent footage.

Edited by Rab

you got the shockworks on there Rab? can't remember right now(must be an age thing)

Yeah, he has shockworks combined with harrop 6/4 brake with massive rotors setup :)

ahhh it is ringing a bell now.

I was previously told by Dan that Brett suggested running 4 clicks at the front and 3 clicks at the back for Street duties.

When heading out to the track, that 6 clicks at the front and rear would be best.

@Rab what settings did you have set?

The brakes must feel unreal!

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

I think he might of hit the brakes a few times and then land in the dashboard himself... :P

1 hour ago, masda74 said:

I was previously told by Dan that Brett suggested running 4 clicks at the front and 3 clicks at the back for Street duties.

Yeah, I went a couple of clicks from max - probably too high. I didn't think of it til the drive home and the rear wanted to skip over some bumps.

1 hour ago, Wilko16 said:

The brakes must feel unreal!

1 hour ago, masda74 said:

I think he might of hit the brakes a few times and then land in the dashboard himself...

Brakes were fantastic. I kept gaining confidence in them throughout the day. Really need to see how much further I can push them - definitely some time to be picked up there :)

I reckon I'll go with one of the trainers next time I do the Island. Get some proper pointers and remove any bad habits before they develop.

2 people like this

Soooooo jelly. See this is why I hate Mexicans, they have great race tracks in there country.

I voted for Trump. "Damn Mexicans" :mosking:

1 person likes this

Winton Raceway next time ;)

1 person likes this

so how many times did you end up in the dashboard with your face in the windscreen?

i-can-still-taste-windshield_c_2851071.j 

BTW with settings that hard, you do burnouts instead of corner well.

Good for drifting yo.

2 people like this