F6 not running

RJF6

• Member For: 7y 6m 16d

Hey guys thanks for the replies,

so I can feel fuel vibrating through the rail when it's priming, I will disconnect the return line and make sure today, with the sct plugged in it is reading rpm while cranking so a guess the cas is working, is there anything else that could cause it to lose injector pulse and spark? 

Left it for a few hours while I was at work, tried to start again no good, tried holding throttle to the floor to turn off injectors in case it was flooding, and nothing just keeps cranking not even a cough out of it 

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d

Slightly loose battery connector?  I had a similar experience with my F6 after parking it and it would not start again on a cold night but dash lights lit up.  

Neg was loose on mine but still attached so just not enough current getting through but enough to power some eletricals.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d

Its happened twice to me on same car.  I don't remember well what happened. But second time didn't take me long to resolve as tightening battery connectors (after taking leads off completely to clear off any corrosion around terminals) worked.

Maybe take battery to garage to check state of your battery? I've heard the F6 is sensitive to battery state because of its electricals. 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 27d

Just because you can get a rpm signal on your scan tool doesn't  mean its good enough - had aV8 land cruiser this week ,no injector pulse, no spark ,no codes but I had a rpm signal on cranking- replaced the crank angle (position ) sensor &  of it went  ( was booked the next day  for 'problem with the gas'  but came in a day early on a tow truck )

• Like 2

• Member For: 7y 6m 16d

got some time to look at it on Saturday morning and after pulling out a couple of spark plugs I noticed they were dry, so I got the wife out to turn the key while I had a screw driver between my ear and the fuel rail and nothing no flow, drained tank as it was full and removed pump, discovered the line from the pump to the lid(that the lines connect to) had broken off, So new fuel line in and off she went. I had mistaken some vibrations I felt in the rail while roadside as I sign of fuel flow and I was wrong! :(

I put a new o2 sensor in just cause I was working on the car and I also noticed that the battery negative clamp is loose, the bolt thread is stuffed couldn't tighten or undo it. I'll sort it out when I have some more time.

Tip for young players:  do not try and remove fuel pump with a full tank LOL. I was lucky to have disconnected the fuel line at the filter thinking it could be blocked, after waiting for the line to empty its self of fuel for a minute I noticed it was being gravity fed, as the tank was full and the lines come from almost the bottom of the tank! (sh*t idea)  

Thanks for your replies guys, I'm slowly learning about this car

Edited by RJF6
  • Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d

Well sh*t.

On Saturday I was itching to write "sounds to me exactly like when e85 chewed the end of my stock pump-to-module hose causing it to come off (multiple times) and stopped my ute dead in its tracks" but didn't due to the comments about 'feeling' fuel flow

Lost: 1x opportunity to look like skilled diagnostician 

glad you got it sorted anyway mate

• Like 2