Trying to program MTX-L and pair it to SCT X4 + Replace Narrowband Sensor

not_351

• Member For: 7y 10m 25d

G'day Gents

Anyone here have experience with programming the MTX-L Innovate Wideband Gauge w/built in controller?

I'm trying to work out how to do two things.

1. Simulate the factory narrowband signal for one of the outputs. This will get sent to the PCM/ECU via the black?? wire on the stock sensor which is being taken out but I will leave it connected and wire tied out of the way. To try prevent an engine check light etc. 0v - 1v.

2. Send the correct data to my X4 via the firewire cable on the other output - so the x4 can be used to data log AFR's and all the rest.

Already have the software running, just stuck on what values to adjust for the two outputs.

Any help would be appreciated. I really dont want to take it to an exhaust shop and get a second bung welded in. 

Thanks in advance!

15220113_10210063155009873_539785102808015178213_10210063155049874_6222060597194

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m

I thought the stock narrowband values in the gauge where as per a typical Bosch sensor anyway?

For the wide band, it's more a matter of programming the Xcal so suit the MTX-L rather than the other way around.

@IH8TOADS chime in please.

• Member For: 12y 2m 14d
I thought the stock narrowband values in the gauge where as per a typical Bosch sensor anyway?

For the wide band, it's more a matter of programming the Xcal so suit the MTX-L rather than the other way around.

@IH8TOADS chime in please.

Yeah but you def need to config the innovate to the right voltages, as different tuning packages are expecting diff voltages. Does it list the voltages or setup when you select the innovate profile in the XCal? If not, I'm sure a quick few searches could find the voltages the XCal is expecting.

That's my secondary hurdle to overcome. For now I'm just wanting to plumb the 0-1v narrowband output wire into the factory black 02 wire. And have it all get along well. 

I've been searching literally all day high and low on google forums etc. The people who have done what I am trying to do - don't go into detail about how they programmed the output.

Yeap. That's correct to my knowledge. But at what AFR's or lambda value should it be sending 0, 0.1., 0.2 etc etc Is what I'm trying to find out so I can program it to be dead nuts for smooth operation. 

I know it can be done and the ECU can get along with it fantastically. But very few people do it this way. Most just drill another hole and leave the factory narrow band to do its own thing. 

I'm no welder and work hours make it a pain to just 'drive into an exhaust place' and get the bung fitted. So once I find out which values are spot on for what the pcm/ecu expects to see, I can finally get it all hooked up and working. :)

That's a pretty nifty kit right there. 

Just finished my install. Left the stock/inbuilt settings on the innovate. Idles better, runs better. 

I do think my factory narrowband sensor was FUBAR though. Probably been there since the car was made. And The black signal wire - was split right at the end. Possibly arching out. 

I would still like to tweak it if there are 'better' settings to be used but so far - so good!