SSR SP1's for FG F6 - Brembo clearance

chubbzilla

• Member For: 16y 10m 5d

Hey guys,

Wanna get me some SP1 professors for the F6. I haven't come across any wheel/tyre shops that offer these for a Falcon, but being a 3 piece wheel I know it's gotta be possible. I had some contact with JDM Concept and they've said they only supply wheels - they won't give any fitment advice and have given me a spreadsheet to record all sorts of brake caliper measurements so they can give me max dish and still clear the factory brembos. Before I go sit in the driveway with a ruler and possibly(likely) take horribly inaccurate measurements, does anyone know where I might find them? See the attached pic for specifics.

I wanna get the usual 20 x 8.5 front and 20 x 10 rear, and from reading other threads here +25 front and +40 rear seems to be a popular offset - please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Also if anyone knows a shop that will sell me these along with fitment advice to save all this hassle, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, lads.

Caliper details.png

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 23d

no idea if they have what you want but maybe pay these guys a visit

http://atwtyresandmags.com.au/

I guess im more of a 'hand the cash over and receive the goods' kind of guy...but also to make sure what you receive is fit for purpose rather than A company shoving all responsibility onto the buyer to ensure it will fit.

Edited by skidxr6t

Thanks for that suggestion, I'll def hit em up. I totally agree, I just want a pro to tell me "Yes these wheels of this size will fit and look horn." Anything relying on measurements that I've taken is destined to be dodge.

20 minutes ago, ROB83R said:

Have you looked at this http://www.willtheyfit.com/#isPage=1

that might help :dontknow:

Thanks but that doesn't really help regarding the clearance over brake calipers. Cheers though.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 23d

if you wana see some tight clearance you should see SteveR's sweet new 17's, couldn't stick a bees dick in there hahaha! 

Edited by skidxr6t
  • Like 2

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 28d

You're not going to find those measurements anywhere. Only solution will be to measure yourself.  FG F6 sedan? Please please please don't buy such a killer set of wheels and go lame offset.

Go 20 or lower on the front. 35ish on the rear. Any extra offset is only going to help with brake clearance, plus you may run into clearance issues on the inside with a 10" @ 40 offset.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

You're not going to find those measurements anywhere. Only solution will be to measure yourself.  FG F6 sedan? Please please please don't buy such a killer set of wheels and go lame offset.

Go 20 or lower on the front. 35ish on the rear. Any extra offset is only going to help with brake clearance, plus you may run into clearance issues on the inside with a 10" @ 40 offset.

Bummer. Yeah I don't mind doing it myself, just thought if someone else had already done it, it would remove the chance of me making an error. Yep it's a sedan, and noooo way I don't want lame offset - not gonna spend this much on a set of wheels to have it look half-assed. Hence me coming to you blokes for advice :)

This charger is the car that started me wanting. Want mine in black though.image.jpg

Skidxr6t - atw tyres and mags just said nope, try Versus wheels instead :/ 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 5d

Jap wheels come in a range of "types" as it were. Work and SSR are no exception. 

Work comes in O / R / A

SSR comes in HP / MD / NR / SL. 

What this means is the way they move the wheel face inside the wheel. You want to go a HP in the front to maximise clearance of the caliper. If you want some dish in the rear go the SL.

Ralphy has been pretty bang on for the offsets above. 

I can explain more if you want some clarification on this when im home and not on my phone otherwise ask Leo (jdm concept) to give you details on the above mentioned wheel types.

• Like 2

Thanks for that MBAF - I was aware of the different types and understand the concept, but yeah didn't know which one to get to have the best fit, while still having some decent dish depth. The safest thing to do I think is still measure up the calipers, it can't hurt to have the info.

I appreciate the help guys, cheers.