Mexican Invasion '17. Vic/SA cruise 24-27 March 2017 **UPDATED**

Rab

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Excellent :)

I'll be putting up further info etc once I get the time to do some planning.

On another note: looks like I'll be in Adelaide for the V8's this year (early March)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Ok - will be starting to look at accommodation and routes over the next week or so.

At the moment I'm thinking somewhere close to Adelaide and the Hills for Friday and Saturday nights.

Mexican for dinner Sat night when the locals and interstate stragglers should be with us.

Fri/Sat - Will probably look for cheap motel rooms or cabins at a nearby caravan park unless anyone has local knowledge/recommendations of any places to go.

We'll be 2 nights here so a bit of comfort could be good. Somewhere between the Hills and Adelaide.

Warrnambool - will look for somewhere cheap near food/pub etc unless anyone has local knowledge/recommendations of any places to go.

Will have my son with me for the trip so will probably have a full room, but if you guys want to talk amongst yourselves to look at sharing rooms/costs it may work out well for you.

Not being at the same venue to sleep isn't a real issue, but makes it a lot easier the mornings and allows for some decent chit-chat after the driving.

I've got spare beds/couches/kennels etc at my place if anyone needs a place to crash in Vic on the Thurs before the drive over or the Mon after we get back.

Might end up taking the Queenscliff Ferry to Sorrento Monday arvo depending on time and interest. Quick run through the Mornington Peninsula before saying our goodbyes would be a great way to show some of the interstaters more of our backyard before they take their leave and head back to the borders.

If anyone isn't listed as "coming" or "maybe" on the 1st post that's interested then let me know (I'll add you).

If anyone listed as "coming" is no longer interested or available then let me know (I'll remove you)

If anyone has any requests as to places, roads, sites, breweries, cafe's, restaurants, wineries, attractions etc they think we should visit or see while we're on the cruise then please let me know and I'll look into incorporating it into the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...