Mexican Invasion '17. Vic/SA cruise 24-27 March 2017 **UPDATED**

Rab

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 22d

Ok guys - starting to get the ball rolling.

Puff has offered to do some thinking and planning for his local areas which will be greatly appreciated and has suggested Belair National Park Caravan Park for the Friday/Sat nights.

Location looks perfect for what we're after, but the booking links are broken, so I have no idea of prices - will give them a call later this week once numbers are firmer.

If anyone wants to look at sharing a room/cabin to halve accommodation costs then have a chat amongst yourselves. I'll have either my son with me or a mate and I snore like a chainsaw so won't be looking to top/tail with anyone.

If the park works out then I'd probably be suggesting we do a BBQ there for Friday nights dinner (casual meet and greet etc) then hit the hills Saturday morning. Would meet at a nearby cafe if we're to catch up with other members who've organised other accommodation or are joining us at different times etc.

Lobethal Brewery for lunch (great lunch food when I was over last) then more hills and a visit to the National Motor Museum and other points of interest before heading to the Mexican for dinner.

Sunday morning we'll be headed to Robe and the Limestone Coast drive (again - any local knowledge to break up the driving would be awesome). Lunch along the way (am tipping there'll be some decent fishermans baskets on offer somewhere). Hoping to get to Warrnambool for the Sunday night before we hit the Great Ocean Road for the Victorian leg of the trip.

@EvilDaifu, @Box stock T., @Puffwagon, @k31th, @MBAF, @BAXRTUTE, @MattyP have shown interest/said they are/maybe coming - are you guys able to confirm or cancel so we can get a firmer number of attendees to start booking/planning and also indicate if you're planning on different routes/accommodation/times for any of the legs. The Friday night will be main one to get us all together - all other details can be worked around once we've all met up. Please hit up any other members who needs to pull their fingers out and jump on the cruise.

Feel free to add places you'd recommend us visiting or stopping at, but all actual routes/time are to be kept off the forum (PM's etc are fine)

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 18d

http://www.belaircaravanpark.com.au/tariffs/

http://www.belaircaravanpark.com.au/accommodation/

Bottom link is types of accommodation and the top link is how much it is. 

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

D'oh

I was trying the "Booking" link under Accommodation.

Should have looked further along.

Don't mind those rates at all

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 18d

Yep it looks pretty good. I was thinking that I'd book a cabin for Friday night so I don't have an hour and a half drive to meet there in the morning. 

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there .....................................

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 11d

My Hero4 Silver GoPro broke so trying to get GoPro to do an RMA on it.  Apparently freezing up is a common issue with them.  I think its out of warranty but for something that is like several hundreds of dollars - you don't expect to not function after 2 years.  That's stupid.  Reason I bring it up is will need it if I can line things up to come along.

• Like 1