Budget build for power, max power on f6 components?

Sabo

• Member For: 13y 1m 2d

Hey guys

Currently got a Fg F6.

Stock as a rock at the moment, and want to see if I can get power as much as power for as cheap as possible. But Im in need of being pushed the right way as I know little to nothing about these other then what others have done (monkey see monkey doo). 

Ive purchased already

Herrod Cold air intake.

Venom cat pipe.

Plazamaman valve springs.

Xcal 4

Looking to buy

Bosch 1000cc injectors,

walbro 460 pump,

and a cooler and cooler piping.

I cant justify spending $1,500 on a process west intercooler.

Im looking at buying the process west intercooler piping kit alone (as Ive heard the factory ones split?) and buying a cheap cooler core off ebay for almost $700 cheaper such as  

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/High-Performance-Intercooler-for-FG-Falcon-XR6-Turbo-G6E-MKI-MKII-XR6T-/361611887860?hash=item5431bf84f4:g:X4IAAOSwB09YJBri

What my questions are, (and please be kind if they are stupid)

has anyone had any luck with using a ebay core cooler on a f6 or fg xr6t with the process west piping kit? Is it suicide?

What is the factory f6 coolers capable of with aftermarket piping kit, if I were to just buy would the ebay cooler be any better?

Is the factory f6 exhausts capable of mid 300's with just the venom cat?

Im chasing around 330-350rwkw? Or is it too much to ask for the mods listed.

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

You'll piss 400rwkw in with those mods if tuned right. Go a hdi cooler. If you're not racing it you won't notice the heatsoak too much. 

@JETURBO went low 400's on stock cooler in his fg f6. Was all bang for buck mods and ran 11's. 

Dont bother with that cooler. Check out the hdi kits on eBay. They have piping and better coolers for half the price of the big name brands. 

Actually in my haste to reply I missed the bit where you don't have a dump pipe. You may need one and about 20 pounds of boost haha!

Edited by ROB83R
  • Like 2

Does @JETURBO have a build page or mod list? If he can do it, why cant I? 

Rather do all the mods I can do in the one tune attempt. So rather do it right instead of adding bits and pieces along the way and retuning. Car already owes me enough

Im thinking just using the standard cooler with the piping kit?

I see "muffler delete pipes" everywhere, are there any other benefits other then the noise sound?

JETURBO pls respond with mod list

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Can't justify spending $1500 on an intercooler....

this will go well :ermm:

• Like 5

If another product can accomodate for the targeted outcome at a cheaper price, id like to know lol, if it exists is another story.

Spent the last 10 minutes scouting through your posts, and am struggling to find your 11 second f6 build that seems to be known by other members.