DSC - System Comms- Check Engine - RSS Faults

TurboTimTam

• Member For: 7y 10m 16d

I have recently bought a 2012 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo and I have some issues with fault codes. Whenever I start the car I always get the DSC and System Comms faults, non of my cars drivability is effected although it is quite annoying having my dash light up like a bloody christmas tree. The guy I bought it off said they just need to be cleared by Ford so I hope that's just the case. I also sometimes randomly get a Check Engine fault. Sometimes I drive and don't get the issue, sometimes it comes up when I start the car or sometimes 15 minutes into a trip. Previous owner said that is happening due to the DSC and System Comms fault although Im worried it is something more. I also get the RSS fault at times although I think its just dust clogging a sensor most likely. My car always drives the same and sounds the same although are these faults something I need to worry about? My car has been tuned and is running 460rwhp so could that be a reason all these faults have occurred with the car? Also the car had these issues when I bought it so lets hope I haven't bought a lemon, the bloke also reckons I just need to get the codes cleared by Ford, is this true or could there be more lying behind the faults. Sorry for long post, thanks.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2d

Check your battery first , most late model cars have to have at least 10v when starting or they will register a fault. Be carefull taking it to a dealer, just think of what would happen if they decided that the ecu needed updating & they reflashed it back to standard! Make sure you explain to them that its not standard ( weather the service manager tells the tech guy is another matter ) I would assume they have all delt with modified falcons before but it might save some greif latter. It doesn't have to go to the dealer as most workshops have a decent scan tool- just ask around who is competent with their scanner & talk to them before you book it in -make sure you trust  & communicate easily with them.

• 2 months later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Just reading up on the threads I missed out on. Curiosity is still getting the better of Me.

Is it possible that he actually has those comms fault come up because he might have something plugged into his OBDII port?

I won't know unless he comes back to the forum. ;)

• Like 1

Still not resolved. Took it into ford last week and had it diagnosed. Spent 320 for them to tell me that their computers don't work with my car because it has been tuned and my Xcal tuner wasn't working either due to being corrupt or having out of date software apparantly. so they gave me a whole list of error codes that came up but they have no idea what they mean and told me to go to a tuning shop and get them to have a look or retune my car then bring it back to ford. So basically I'm in the sh*t money wise and no idea what to do. The Ford tech said from what he can tell all the important computer sh*t isn't communicating with each other and for all he knows my airbags might not even go off, hope that is just an exaggeration but I don't really know. If anyone can make sense of all these error codes feel free to make any suggestions.

9YGCmQG.jpg

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

bad earth somewhere.

dirty battery terminals

bad battery.

got a multimeter?

you had such a nice BA but now got a lemon. lets hope it's not expensive !

Edited by skidxr6t

No my dad and I can't find ours although I've got one I can borrow off a mate if needed

Sadly the BA ended up having issues, head gasket needed doing in the next 8-10 months and the turbo bearings just started to wear so I had to get rid of it

• Like 1

Yeah I wasn't happy. I was saying to the ford rep, what took you 2 hours to figure out that your computer can't do sh*t to my car, explain to me how you spent my 160 an hour to tell me nothing more than I already knew about my vehicle. I told the rep I wanted to talk to the tech who was working on my car cos this bloke knew I <3 Bananasall about what was going on. I was pretty angry because money is really tight with me and 320$ to find out nothing really hurt bloody Titan ford.