An Unfortunate Tale - Clutch Issues

Dominus

• Member For: 7y 6m 27d

@Puffwagon The car has been modified by Elite Automotive, it makes a safe 336rwkw running 15psi, and has all the supporting mods and then some. All the money has already been spent essentially. Its now just maintenance. I dont generally buy modified, but this car had all the work done I was probably going to end up doing anyway, and so far no issues seem to be have been caused because of mods.  

I generally never thrash my cars, always allow for warm-up/cool-down grace periods before even hitting boost etc. So I'm sure the car will be fine in my ownership assuming everything is good after the clutch repair. The guys at Bridgestone reckon the car is good and shouldnt have other problems. Guess I'll have to wait and see.  

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d

I'm sure you'll be fine.

they're not cheap vehicles to maintain but once it comes on boost properly you'll be hooked.

anyway there are plenty of resources here about how to maintain your car and how not to maintain it :wwww:

Thanks, skid. I've been hooked since my test drive lol. I havent even had the balls to turn traction control off yet! 

This sight seems great and Im sure I'll be hanging about for a while, through the good and the bad during my ownership:surrenderwave:

• 3 months later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 19d

So I enjoy digging up old threads. Since @Dominus hasn't been on since December, I take it that all has been okay.

If the OP does happen to logon at some stage or another, could you provide an update please?

How has the car been?

@masda74 Hey mate, yes all is fine now, car drives great and haven't had further issues.

On a different note, I had someone rear end me about 3 weeks ago, but damage is very minor, although repairs are going to cost $1800. Luckily insurance has that covered, although I nearly had a heart attack before seeing the damage was minor. Was very surprised actually, old mate hit me rather hard while I was stopped dead in Monday morning 9am traffic. Thought the damage would be way worse, but when I got into gear and moved forward only the paint was scratched, and the rear bumper insert needs replacement - apparently those cost  $950 lol. 

• Like 1