Simmons FR-C cconcave

BAXRTUTE

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y

A few months ago I got some Simmons 20/10 concaves I have rapped them in 295/35 now the tyre is streched at least 10mm each side of the rim.

Yesterday I emailed Simmons on the exact size of the rim.

After 8 emails of the guy trying to not answer he finally came back with the rim size actually being a 20/11 inch which now makes sense of the tyre streching as much as it is.

I had looked and ordered some MT semis 305s but cancelled due to not being sure it would fit and wasting  $1400 on tyres.

Thinking I mite try get a R888 315 on there now that ive been told its an 11inch wide rim.

Thoughts tyre gurus ? 

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d

Moneybags! Hey, how about you send me some high quality 19" tyres and I'll report back with my testing? :3gears:

Isn't the R888 discontinued, replaced with the R888R?:  http://toyotires.com.au/tyres/motorsport-tyres/item/1250-proxes-r888r

mmmm I'd love a set of these but I'll probably be going for a set of cheapo tyres cause I like spinning them.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d

Only mention it cause I'm a fan of getting the newest rubber possible ;) 

Why would ya get retreads when 19" 245/35 can be had for around $100 fitted? are they even available for cars? I had retreads on a off road dirt bike that were good (came with the bike).

With 315's on the rear, especially r888r I think you shouldn't have too much trouble getting traction which should allow you to run a decent qtr time on them, considering it's a manual.

Edited by skidxr6t

• Gold Donating Members

Im gonna try get a test fit done of a 315 before buying.

But would be stoked if I can get the toyo 315 on as in most eyes there the best.

Traction is always going to be an issue with close to 500rw wasps and a trillion nm to go with it.

Edited by BAXRTUTE

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d

The 315 in a semi will be much larger than 315. I think you'll wind up with a bit of sidewall role. As an example i've got a set of A048 in 265/35/18 and the tread band is aprox 270 plus the shoulder width.

Anything bigger then 295 in a semi is going to need surgery to the lip on the rear guards. You can't roll that on a ute so you'll need to trim it with le ol' grinder

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

My rim is 15mm inside the gaurd and ute isnt lowered as work ute still, though id like to drop it 20mm all round which I will when I get the front shocks done and sway bar in a few weeks. Dan ozwalker has left my shocks at cms for me to pick up when I get joe to tune it. hoping I can pick it up this Friday or Monday woo whoooo

Weeeeeee for jet haha

• Gold Donating Members

emTecSe.jpg streching 

iTnRos3.jpg side on

hhAF30L.jpg thinking bout 12mm bolt on for front and rear.

front is a 225 on a 8.. rim aad 3mm from the control arm so 12mm bolt on nd go from 35 to 30 and I should be ble to fit a 245... heres hoping

Edited by BAXRTUTE