change stock boost gauge swap f6

RJF6

• Member For: 7y 6m 13d

Hey guys, 

I've had a search and could not find anything, I'm wanting to know if anyone has changed the standard boost gauge for another one (that shows actual boost level) and what is involved in doing this,

I've read that the stock gauge is an electronic one and has no boost/vacuum line going to the actual gauge, is this correct? Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find it!   

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

Yep, the stock one is electronic. It's better to use a manual boost gauge :) have a read of this thread to help you install one ->

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/78203-tutorial-gauge-install/

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 2m 19d

If it's an f6 so already has the stock gauges could you just use the power source that the stock one was running off and wire it up to the new one to run the lights? obviously it would have to be plumbed up to a vac line since it's not an electric gauge

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 23d

my boost guage has a little sender in the engine bay and the wire runs into the car to run the guage.

not sure whats better but no vac line run through the firewall is nice I think.

• Member For: 10y 2m 19d

Yer are the electric ones more accurate or is mechanical better I understand electrical ones have more features like logging and stuff but is mechanical better if your just after a straight boost gauge. Well it's either having a wire or hose through the firewall no difference

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

mechanical is faster to change readings and is more accurate, in my experience... I'm sure at the "expensive" end of gauges they're probably identical in terms of performance, though...

• Like 1