Took the plunge M-Series

bad inferno

• Member For: 18y 7m 13d

Did the rear brakes today...  Took longer than I thought  as I had trouble setting the handbrake.  My adjuster on both sides were screwed all the way "in" and had jammed so I had to adjust it a few mm out once I freed it up.  ended up taking it out and used some multigrips & pliers.

FYI Rear brakes have HEAPs of clearance to the GT335 rim  although I have the 9" staggered rears.

So want to do the front brakes and before I take it apart was wondering if anybody knows how to tell the left & right brake hose apart.  I suppose it will make sense when I take the wheel off and have a look however want to do whatever I can before I start.

Any idea on left & right ?.    there is obviously no reference to the part No on line.

FG Front brake lines for PBR M-Series

lines1.jpg

lines.jpg

Edited by bad inferno

Getting my front bushes replaced next week as I have really bad inside tire wear,   So decided I will have to wait another week before the new calipers go onto the front.  Dont trust the guys doing the bushes with the new calipers -although Im sounding paranoid now and there not even on !

• 2 weeks later...

Finally on,  had the rears on for the last few weeks and the fronts went on today after I got the front end bushes done this week.  there's only a few mm clearance on the GT335 front wheels on the spokes closest to the hub

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

Edited by bad inferno
  • Like 5

The only thing Im not happy about is my old  DBA T3 rotors never showed any sign of rust where as these discs are showing a very fine rust ring closest to the hub (where the pads don't contact).  Im going to be really pissed if they get progressively worse and have a rust ring where the disc joins the hub.  It does simply wipe off now however dont wont to be doing that...

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Hold off on that idea until someone else chimes in. Wasn't thinking properly last night - I'm not sure what effect it may have on the pads.

• Like 1