Took the plunge M-Series

bad inferno

• Member For: 18y 7m 13d

Awesome,  Ill give "wheel protector"  a try this weekend.

I had the front bushes replaced a few weeks ago prior to the front calipers going on.  This week, hot day and a country run I had terrible noise coming from the drivers side especially at slow speeds over bumps.  Took it back and immediately found one of the bushes in the upper control arm was lose and slipping back-forth.  yesterday they took out the bush,  roughed the surface of both the bush and inner sleeve of the control arm (= hit with hammer to deform surfaces) and pressed the bush back in.  they said the control arm was very soft aluminum and could sculpt it like butter !. 

Anyway will wait to see if the problem is solved long term.    There was no hesitation from "pedders" to take the car back and fix the issue which was great.

Edited by bad inferno

• 4 years later...
  • Member For: 2y 10m 5d
On 29/09/2016 at 9:58 PM, bad inferno said:

I'm now the owner of a set of PBR m-series brakes. 

The pricing was too good to pass up even though I hear Bosch are no longer manufacturing them they should pair nicely with my obsolete falcon :)

Hope to swap them across in an afternoon and will post some pics. 

Have you had to source new discs yet? DBA sell fronts that fit but do not match the rears' slot pattern. The rears I'm having trouble finding at all. Anyone had luck or have ideas where to look?

• 11 months later...