Another FG N/A to Turbo Conversion

utelife

• Member For: 7y 5m 28d

Honestly the more power the better. 250rwkw would be awesome but I was just stating that I'm not looking for insane power just looking to make my car even more enjoyable than it is. 

I've already bought parts so it's too late to turn around now. 

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

If it's too late to turn around now, then your next part needs to be a suitable engine.

cause as I see it, it'll drive like a dog and deep down you won't be happy when a standard SS chops you during a classic aussie traffic light drag.

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

Off boost power will be better. Tune it on e85 and have fun. If the motor pops just get another from the wreckers rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Eff I dunno if it's just me, but from reading your posts on here I am always intrigued at how you seem to make sh*t hold together without blowing big coin.

I mean for sh*tsake 129mph, 400rwkw or the general vicinity? With an AU BTR in it.

Or are you constantly making trips to the scrap you don't talk about...

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

Lol if you's blokes seen my car and how much it gets the living sh*t belted out of it you'd be even more suprised haha. Now my car will break at powercruise next week after saying this aha.

That car isn't mine it's a guy I've followed on the forums for a few years he has proven his budget turbo kits very well. One of the cars I tuned rocks a turbo kit from him and made 360kw on a stock 300000km eb falcon with valve springs, cam and head gasket. Cost the guy 5k to build it and still goes strong now.

I only spend big dollars on the parts needed to hold it together. I've broken a fair amount of sh*t moslty from abusing it when it shouldn't have been. I've tried and tested alot of sh*t that people say doesn't work just to work out if they are right or not, usually they aren't haha.

• Like 5

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 3d

Ok I've been avoiding this topic due to its replies.

Over east, Paul & the guys @ Northmead Auto Centre have had a FG XR6 they put a $400 wrecker FG NA engine in, added a Precision PT6870, and e85 I think ... it was pushing 500Kw+ for about 30,000km of bulk skids and powercruise / powerplay events.

They can be considered timebombs, but for the price, hard to beat, just the (regular turbo stock) extras can add up (turbo, manifolds, injectors) if you don't have it already (which is why the turbo engine
complete can be better pricing) ... but if you have the other stuff then it's cheap as.

There's a saying I heard a while ago, smashing stock engines is ok, but it's a slippery slope to poverty if you start going through built engines