BA Xr6 turbo related questions

agruyich

• Member For: 7y 6m 21d

Hey Guys,

I Recently purchased a BA XR6 that was orginally N/A that has a had a turbo conversion but on the N/A engine.
I have read a few threads and no some of the guys here have experience with turboing the N/A engine.

As the car has already been converted, I am looking to tune the car now.
What would be max amount of boost the stock engine can handle? I am assuming it is around 7psi or so? Has anyone ran 10psi safely on N/A internals?

I am looking for around to have around 250rwkw to 300rwkw. The car already has a Walbro fuel pump installed and I have a set of 42 Ib injectors not installed though.
I understand with N/A internals it will never reach 300rwkw, but in your opinion what do you think the max would be I could push it?
Also how much can you run through the T5 and standard clutch before it sh*ts itself?
Plan is to slowly build the car and when the engine sh*ts itself purchase a XR6T engine with T56 box.
Planned mod list is as follows 
.Walbro fuel pump
.42 Ib injectors 
.Turbo back exhaust 
.Valve springs (no on N/A engine though)
.SCT X3 Flash
.K&N Air filter
From experience do you think above mods will support 250rwkw to 300rwkw?

Also for BA's are the brakes the same for N/A xr6 and the xr6 turbo? Im pretty sure the brakes changed on the BF models? not sure though!

Anyone recommend a place in melbourne to get car tuned?
From what I have read nizpro is good?

Cheers 
Adam 

• Member For: 7y 10m 30d

Bigger injectors and e85 would be interesting. I don't think you'll be able to safely push that motor past 250rwkw on 98 pulp. 

That box won't handle it either. 

Cris is on the money. Save up and get a bf11 onwards block and a t56 and then push it. 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

Yep N/A and XR6T brakes on BA are the same (unless optioned). BF onwards turbos have bigger discs but same calipers. That's all for the front - not sure if BF turbos had different rears to N/A.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 2d

sounds like pbr's premium c6 calliper and disc. I have the same on mine- rear is larger diameter than the front but thinner. 

these were on the au3 t series.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 4d
3 hours ago, ROB83R said:

My bf1t has 328mm on the rear 322mm fronts. What were they standard? I think that's a weird size. 

Standard size for our cars. None xr came out with a sub 300mm disc.

2 hours ago, Panda Eyes said:

sounds like pbr's premium c6 calliper and disc. I have the same on mine- rear is larger diameter than the front but thinner. 

these were on the au3 t series.

This!

27 minutes ago, ROB83R said:

Ex cop car if that makes anymore sense. 

No cop chip unfortunately. 

No such thing as a cop chip on the later falcons. Yours looks to be a good example though. Ive seem some sh*t ones around. Specially up here on the coast