FG TurboSide intake -Possible to silence tut tut ?

• Member For: 18y 7m 13d

OK,  yes I maybe getting old however want the power benefits of a process west race airbox however concerned about the induction noise.  I have the XR8 air box on there now and was just about to purchase the turbo side kit and then stopped and reconsidering the KPM streetfighter air box

my exhaust is quite loud so Im not looking for total silence and a turbo whine is OK on acceleration,  its a manual gearbox and think I would get sick of the tut tut or woosh sound longer term.

XR50T (manual)  -Venom Cat, F6 Injectors, -Currently at 295 rwkw

Goal 320 kw   to add PW stepped Intercooler, intake ??

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

My cars tutututut is abit rediculous with a plaz under the battery turboside, I don't really like it but you can kinda drive around it.

However the reason it's like this is because car does not have a blow off valve.

I would think if you ran a plumbed back BOV you would be satisfied.

Definitely do the intercooler! more consistent power will be had.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 6m 24d

The turbo side intake makes the induction noise crazy loud, as soon as it starts spooling all you can hear is turbo I cant even hear my exhaust over it

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d

I had the similar idea as well, just haven gotten around to it yet. Give it a go and let us know how it goes

• Member For: 14y 7m 25d
8 hours ago, bad inferno said:

OK,  yes I maybe getting old however want the power benefits of a process west race airbox however concerned about the induction noise.  I have the XR8 air box on there now and was just about to purchase the turbo side kit and then stopped and reconsidering the KPM streetfighter air box

my exhaust is quite loud so Im not looking for total silence and a turbo whine is OK on acceleration,  its a manual gearbox and think I would get sick of the tut tut or woosh sound longer term.

XR50T (manual)  -Venom Cat, F6 Injectors, -Currently at 295 rwkw

Goal 320 kw   to add PW stepped Intercooler, intake ??

I had the same thoughts as you before I bought 1, hated mine at first crazy loud, I bought some acoustic foam and lined all the inner panels made huge difference now very happy with it

• 4 weeks later...