My 2014 FG XR6 Turbo - 407.6Kw

oztor

• Member For: 8y 7m 1d

I've owned the car for a year now and caught the mod bug. What started as a simple tune, turned into exhaust and injectors. Which then turned the 407.6kw beauty I have now. Such a fantastic engine. Suspension has also been upgraded to coil overs. Brakes are next on the agenda. Looking at beefing up the transmission soon too.

Car: 2014 FG Mk2 XR6T

Trans: 6sp ZF with custom tune

Power: 407.6rwkw (98) 

Boost: 18psi (98) 

Induction: Plazmaman 4'' intake turbo side airbox / Battery Relocation 

Intercooler: Plazmaman 700HP Black intercooler

Turbo:  GTX3582R, ported housing, hi flow wastegate & 12psi actuator

Valve Springs: Stock

Exhaust: Xforce 4" dump into 3.5'' Xforce stainless steel system, 100 Metal Cat

Fule: BP Ultimate 98 

Fuel setup: Plazmaman Billet Surge Tank, Twin Bosch 044s

Tuning: SCT xcal4 by ESP Racing

lMic5cB.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 10d

Nice work mate, very nice work!

Are u looking into a E85 tune?

Im about to be running a very similar mods list to u, just a couple of different things.

Excited by your numbers though :launch:

P.S did u do oil pump gears? How many km on the clock?

Edited by BAXRTUTE

34 minutes ago, BAXRTUTE said:

Nice work mate, very nice work!

Are u looking into a E85 tune?

Im about to be running a very similar mods list to u, just a couple of different things.

Excited by your numbers though :launch:

P.S did u do oil pump gears? How many km on the clock?

Cheers mate, I was absolutely wrapped to see if get past 400kW! I am looking at E85 tune down the track and made sure the fuel pump installed is E85compatible.

I haven't done the oil pump gears but it is something that I am looking at as well.  The car has 37,000 ks on it. 

Boost is incredible when it hits around 3,000 rpm and the GTX3582 just doesn't run out of puff like the stock one. When I first got the car I was a little disappointed that it didn't have that 'push back' feeling that I was expecting after spending time in mate's WRXs and Evos. I know the the power delivery is more linear in the xr6s but still missed that feeling. the bigger turbo definitely provides that rush and sounds amazing with the turbo side intake! You'll be in for a real treat !

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 22d

Nice mate - fantastic results there :thumbsup:     

I was told by my tuner that I'd need to upgrade my valve springs eventually as I'd get valve float if I hold it at high RPMs for long period with my current custom tune.  So I was wondering if ESP mentioned anything about upgrading your valve springs since you've highlighted them as stock at the moment?

:beerchug: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EvilDaifu said:

Nice mate - fantastic results there :thumbsup:     

I was told by my tuner that I'd need to upgrade my valve springs eventually as I'd get valve float if I hold it at high RPMs for long period with my current custom tune.  So I was wondering if ESP mentioned anything about upgrading your valve springs since you've highlighted them as stock at the moment?

:beerchug: 

Cheers mate :beerchug:

Yeah the springs were one of my main concerns that I raised with them as I was more than happy to folk out an extra few hundred to get them fitted too. But they were confident in not replacing them just yet as they haven't seen the issues with valve float in the similiarily powered falcons that have gone through their workshop. Would be interested to hear if anyone has had any similiar stories.

Eitherway it is on the upgrade list as everything I read tells me it's a must. It's going back in December for a quick checkover so might just book it then. Living in Canberra means that there is no local racetrack or drag strip so it's safe from too much punishment for the time being.

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

ive got basically same mods but valve springs should be on your cards. the zf will be fine depends if you plan to race it or not. 

you think when boost hits now is good wait till you go e85. although not for everyone. its definitely more fun. 98 better for a daily imo. 

• Like 1