Tassie Cruise 2016 - Nov 17 - 21

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Why dont you book a recliner seat over and ride shot gun with one of us Robbo?

We've booked our accommodation but what's interesting about the central lakes hotel?  

Sort of wanted to keep the driving to about 6 hrs or less per day to give us time for photo opps, leisurely lunch breaks and gettin in early enough to have a relaxing dinner.

• Like 1

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

Can't I've got reality on that weekend. 

Central lakes hotel is the probably the highest place to have a beer and a feed in tassie. It'll more than likely be snowing up there though so you won't get through. 

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Yep - each time I visit Tassie I look at the Central Lakes area now that I looked up where you meant.  We may modify Day 4 to do it instead of the East Coast.  But weather looks good on Monday on the East Coast so sort of want to make the most of the good weather whilst can.

I talk it over the guys - if we don't sleep in we could probably fit it in - but makes for a long day driving and I've never been on a cruise yet where we've departed on time :roflmbo:

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

Very long day. We left launceston at about 11 one morning and went via longford and poatina and I was hoping to go out via tarraleah and down through new norfolk but the boss got sick from my driving so we cut it short and went through bothwell then mangalore then across to the Tasman hwy up to bicheno. That was a long drive. We made it just by 6pm. 

Love the Tasman hwy with the cambered corners. You can hold 100km/h around bends you wouldn't even dare try that on up here. 

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Yeah its really deceptive the distances in Tassie.  It looks like a small island but the roads are pretty twisty in parts which adds on time.  

Haven't been back for a little while but I remember that East Coast road can be a drudge with it being single lane making it a challenge to over take slow vehicles like caravans.

Looks like we'll be meeting up with k31th at the Waterfront cafe on Fri morning things going to plan :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Looking forward to it :)

Maybe we'll even have a designated driver too (Keith) for the visit to the distillery :D

• Like 1