My F6 Tpyhoons life

Elusivef6

• Member For: 7y 8m 2d

Hi,

Long time lurker here that thought it is about time to add something. This site has helped out greatly.

So I own a 07 BF f6 typhoon in ford breeze that I bought in 09 2nd owner. Bought at 30,000kms and only has 60,000km now 

The car was still under warranty when it was purchased from a very unique individual (think baked beans and dirty mags) but I couldn't wait for more power. I use d a certain tuner in QLD that added a single walbro fuel pump, nizpro valve springs, injectors, Xcal 3 and Stage 1 Nizpro cooler, k&n panel filter and *shiny bling* polished crossovers it produced 273rwkw. Cost wise this hurt me a bit and didn't get me were I wanted to be. I made a post on here and it escalated quickly and it got deleted. I was lurking around here back then and had got the crazy idea that this setup could of pushed the car over 300rwkw from some of the things I had read, this was obviously not the case.

Being somewhat disappointed (it hit me right in the feels) I set aside any further upgrades for years until just recently. After some more research and finding a tuner close by I ventured down to Forced Performance and Tuning Toowoomba. Now these guys are great, they take the time and listen to what your after and don't try to unnecessarily empty your wallet. I was reluctant after my last experience so nerves played a part. I got a 4'dump and cat added while retaining the factory system back. I was given plenty of options and never had any pressure in making my choice

Wow ! after the parts and retune it now makes 353rwkw and the car feels so silky smooth.  Economy is also up about 120+km's a tank as I was previously getting about 380 -400kms a tank.

I have pictures. I will upload once I fix my donate issue (my end).

I have now booked in for late September to throw more stuff at it.

Clutch (NPC Twin Plate)   
IMS Diff hat and bushes
Billet Oil Pump/gears
Headstuds
Valve Springs - mine are sh*t already
Turbo Oil Feed Line
Process West Plenum (my choice) plazmaman is cheaper but the PW is a nice bit of kit
Airbox/Process West Battery Relocation
Process West Twin surge tank
1000cc inj
Retune on 98 & E85
XYZ Coilovers

P.S Nittos are win! their a great bang for buck tyre with noticeable increase to traction. Also Transmax Z reduced gearbox noise to about 20% -

So ill post back after this is done with updates & pics.

Ford for life

• Like 5

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Gotta luv those dodgy Nizpro valve springs. They had a few bad batches 

Grab some crow VTK6T-24 springs

• Member For: 7y 8m 2d

Crappy job  but that's the idea.  Do the foundations before cranking the power. e.g oil pump/gears diff hat, and clutch. Engine internals will be of concern at some point.

Low km engine, car is well looked after. Had the battery go flat on me a few times due to it not being run for weeks at a time. That's going to change though.

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

Second that on the Crow Valve springs definitely the way to go.

95lbs or 105 lbs.

To many peeps chase big numbers without the base mods that allow the engine to produce numbers and numbers safely...

But ya got there, the cat was definitely a big choke point. 

Enjoy the fruits of your labour mate..