CPV tuned FG F6

sprouly07

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 15d

So a couple months ago the turbo on my f6 failed so it needed to be replaced. I had been talking to Dave from CPV Tuning for a couple months about upgrading the turbo and when the stock turbo failed it kind of forced my hand and the turbo was upgraded. Hadn't planned on doing it this early but couldn't see the point in replacing the stock turbo and then getting a  new one again in 6 months time.

So a custom turbo from monsta torque was ordered and installed to go along with existing mods like manta exhaust, twin 460 surge tank, intanke 460, PW stage 3 cooler, valve springs, 1000cc injectors and stall converter. The daily tune ended up doing 459.6kw and the drag tune ended up going 493.4kw, both were on e85

• IMG_4421.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

Most impressive thing about the car is that it still retains the standard airbox and intake so there is no doubt in my mind that if a turbo side intake was installed than the car would make over 500rwkw but that's not what I was chasing with this car. I wanted to keep a relatively standard looking engine bay seeing as though it is still my daily so to the untrained eye it would still look standard and I wouldnt get much attention. I also wanted to see if it was possible to run a 9 on the standard intake so will hopefully get a chance to go down the strip soon and see what time it does.

IMG_4582-2.jpg

• Like 8

• Donating Members

They seem to keep it fairly quiet though. I've had turbo Falcons for about 3 years now, with the last one being a bf and it wasn't till I got the f6 and started talking to Dave that I even heard about this turbo. So they have done well on keeping it a bit of a secret.

But I have seen on Facebook a company called RaceEquipped doing a very similar turbo now. They call it a high flow gt35 which has a 66mm

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Mamba and Kinugawa have been doing it for a while as well. Jim gianna, race equipped and another Aussie company do them here locally 

is your one in the .7 cover?

• Donating Members

Yeah alright, first time I've ever heard of a company doing it was monsta torque. Do they all perform roughly the same?

I had always been pushed towards a gtx or a precision.

Yeah mine has the .7 cover.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 18d

With a good set of slicks, and a upgraded converter you'll manage a 9sec pass. I did it in my FG XR6, with the same turbo from Rob. It's kept so quiet because everyone talks about the GTX3582r and don't want to hear at the the 66mm with .7'cover.