Best location for an external transmission cooler - FG XR6T

A1RFC1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Not sure if you need paid or not but is only a few bucks I think.

Process is go to Settings, Manage custom PIDs, menu, Add a predefined set, Ford.

When adding a gauge there will now be an option (Ford) Transmission Fluid Temp. You'll probably see a few, but if you are connected to your OBDII dongle you'll see live data, and one will look sensible as a Celsius reading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 6m 24d

Thanks. Got it working.
Any suggestions on a vent/louvre for the inner guard to vent the fans hot air when you mount the trans cooler under the drivers headlight, inside the bumper space?
Bunnings has a crap selection.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 8m 9d

I am researching before I install a trans cooler. The common place seems to be behind the right hand fog light area. A lot of comments are about heat,  my air intake for the motor sits on the other side of this guard. Seems pretty obvious that if the guard is hotter the intake box is hotter. I know I will get the typical "thousands of people with bigger power than you have done it " responses. But plenty of people were doing mods years ago that they wouldn't do now. Has anyone done any testing on the intake box temperature with and with out the trans cooler?  

• Like 1