My Phantom BA XR6 Turbo Build

tazzanz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d

Hey guys been lurking on the Forums for a while now, Thought I would make a thread since I'm actually going to upgrade my own car

I have had 3 BA XR6T's, With this one being my best one, It's a 1 owner 70000km car and in manual! Extremely hard to find in New Zealand.

0c58227139db0dd16144f92804ca17f3.jpg

28584fe5d5ea08c0cd875ba17ea59ff0.jpg09d135ef60032bfffbface6dc12dfbc6.jpg

First thing I did was replace those Altezza style lights for some BF ones, And swapped the cloth seats for some leather, Cannot stand the cloth seats!

My end goal is 400kw, It's going to be a long build, So far I have ordered Plazmaman 1000hp cooler, Valve springs, Polished plenum, Cold side piping. I have also booked the car into a local fabrication shop here in NZ to have the first ever top / high mount turbo manifold made here in Godzone. It will be the first high mount XR6 in NZ as far as I'm aware, Will be running a 60ml external gate.

I still need to look into importing a 6spd from Aus, as sadly it's a 5 Also need to carefully consider what I'm going to do about the BA internals, do I risk it and high power with stock rods, or pay someone to install forged ones. Or just let it blow up then install a FG Short block, Decisions decisions, Any comments or help on this is much appreciated.

Engine bay as it sits now, Was allready flash tuned when I brought her, With a CAI, Exhaust and Typhoon cooler.

dfa08ff91472b52cbfc12f55d45de657.jpg

• Like 4

• Donating Members
Only 5 stations selling E85 in NZ as far as I'm aware, so big turbo ( and rods etc ) and 98 tune perhaps?

Yea it's hard to decide do I build the engine now have it off the road for a while, or risk it. Just got a quote from ford NZ for a FG XR6T block $4550 excluding GST! WTF

E85 is a option for me will build the fuel system with this in mind. There is a station 40min drive away from me. But would prefer to get a flex sensor and run 98 daily. As for the big turbo I plan on maxing the 3582 out, After all I am running high mount and external so 400 may be possible.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

Rims brakes and paint colour are a great combo.  Are they FG bracket mounted Brembos?

• Donating Members
Rims brakes and paint colour are a great combo.  Are they FG bracket mounted Brembos?

Oh I forgot to mention, These were covers the old owner put on, LOL! They removed now.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

Ah...good move.  Get some Brembos on there!  They go well with power mods.  Stock brakes aren't very flash on BFs let alone BAs.  Pad and rotor upgrades do in a pinch but stock calipers aren't very pretty :)

• Donating Members
Ah...good move.  Get some Brembos on there!  They go well with power mods.  Stock brakes aren't very flash on BFs let alone BAs.  Pad and rotor upgrades do in a pinch but stock calipers aren't very pretty

Yea I agree, When I called the guy it was the first thing I asked about haha, was so disappointed. Can anyone recommend a good Ford wrecked in Aus? Where I could source a T56, and maybe some upgraded brakes.

648ce148f26b5fdd4de30b0c7cffacc4.jpg

• Donating Members
Fpv spares located in Sydney.

Think Vic has a couple as well

Cheers I'll give them a call tomorrow they seem to have a few manual F6's wrecking too.