BF Rim sizing question

Mac0892

• Member For: 11y 6m 11d

Hey guys, just looking for a quick answer here.

Currently have a set of FPV argent replicas on my car and noticed that the RHR rim has a large crack on the inner edge down to the lip and running in line with the wheel. Getting it repaired on Tuesday but don't want to run around on a repaired rim for too long (not a fan of them)

Looking for a new set of rims for my car and I'm wondering if a set of 19X8.5's would fit all round on a BF XR6T without having to roll the guards.

For reference, wheels im currently looking at are the stance sc-5ive's or the stance sc-6 which both come in size mentioned above, but I believe the argents are 19X8.0. would that 0.5 make a difference?

20160804_134216.jpg

• Member For: 7y 11m 6d

Thread jack but could be informative. 

From what I've read the lower the number the more they fill out the guards? 

I was looking at a set of 20's at +25. They would rub the guards hard wouldn't they? 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

^^ I think you might just be ok with this. Think its the 8.5 +35 that just rubs at full lock (with 245/35 and SSL or lower springs). But not 100% cause havent experienced first hand. Might have been MattyP who mentioned it?

OP. OEM rims are 19x8 +36.5 offset. Go on willtheyfit.com and you can see how much it moves and what suits your level of flushness.

Id go 19x8.5 +25 for nearly flushness. Could go anywhere between +10 to +35 depending how tucked you want it.

If you're sticking to oem 245s all round. Be a baller and go 19x9.5+22 F&R. Shouldnt need roll...just depends how low it is.

That concerns me with what you say there nitro. I have 245/35r19s at the moment with ssl's on the front and rear. Havent gotten any guard rub yet but the new rims apparently are +35 offset so, going by what you said, they may rub.

Is it an easy job to roll guards these days?

• Donating Members

nah you will be sweet. I had to reread your OP, but you're only going 1/2" wider and now you're saying +35, which is only 1.5mm off from the OEM offset.

so 19x8.5 +35 with 245/35/19 all round will not scrub....safe as houses as they say :P

Do you reckon much would change if I threw some 235/35 19's at it?

Im god awful when it comes to math. And I tried the 'will they fit' website and got slightly confused

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
7 hours ago, Mac0892 said:

Is it an easy job to roll guards these days?

Phone book and hair dryer is all you need according to some videos I've seen hahaha

• Donating Members

I use 1010 tires for tyre change calcs: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

According to that the difference between 245 and 235 is 1.08%. So your speedo will read a little higher (at 100kmh your speedo will say 101.8kmh). 

If it really concerns you, I beleieve Ford (or a tuner) can recalibrate the computer (PCM - is that what its called?). But if using tuner, cant remember if they need the sct controller (or if hp tuners can do it too?).