Ba xr6 rear camber adjustment

Hezabot

• Member For: 7y 9m 10d

I've got a ba xr6 sedan which is lowered 25mm and has 275 tyres on the rear, I'm getting bad camber wear and need to and a camber kit. My question is, what do I need I've found 2 different kits on eBay and I'm not sure which one I need. Also read somewhere else someone said that he would be using shims for some reason

psrfal-001-ford-falcon-territory-ba-bf-fmuAEAJXRb-3snJrZeCuCiCg.jpg

Edited by Hezabot
Car is a sedan

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2d

I think you can go either a whole new adjustable arm, or new bushes that have a set correction. I reckon go for the arms, as both ends will be new and don't need to muck around with fitting new parts to existing arms. Can then fine tune the adjustment more easily.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2d

I think the bushes give a set adjustment (ie x degrees) but the arms are fully adjustable within a range.

Not 100% sure on the shims - I'm pretty sure you would use in conjunction with the bushes to get the exact adjustment you want and then would have to re-install different ones if you wanted to fine tune the adjustment later. I don't think this would be an issue with the replacement arms. Someone else might be able to chime in and confirm or deny that.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

There are no shims in the rear set up. As mentioned the offset bushes are "X" deg of change so you may wind up with different camber left to right. Personally I'd go with the arms.

The rear cradle needs to come out either way so might as well for the the system with better adjustability built in.

Who makes the arms and how much?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

The ones you posted are from here-

http://www.performancesuspension.com.au/p-ford-falcon-territory-rear-camber-arms-p-p-psrfal-001-p.html

$245

Also being a BA XR are you sure it doesn't have camber adjustable rear uprights? Most BA xr's did?

• Member For: 7y 9m 10d

Yea I just got that pic of Google, If I do it is like to go with something well known (like white line)

Mena took to get wheel alignment the other day and he said it's only got the adjustment for tow. Was reading a few forums and looks like there was certain months/years that didn't have it, just got an unlucky one I guess