dreaded ABS & TC lights

Brendon Wrigley

• Member For: 8y 4m 23d

Hi Guys,
Very intermittently I get the ABS and traction control light coming on.

I've looked up and read a few remedies peopel have tried. Clean the ABS wheel sensor, check brake lights etc.
mine is very intermittent, only comes on after I start driving come on at either 25km/h or 60km/h ish.
I might be on for one trip (or just turn the car on and off again mid trip) then off for a week, or it has also been on for every trip for a week or so then off again for a week then back on for a couple of days.

my mates has but his snap on scan tool on it. its error code C1278 which is steering wheel angle sensor... it had a wheel alignment before I picked it up, could it be something to do with that?

• Member For: 7y 10m 30d

I have a similar issue. It just turns off after I hit 10km/h. I mean the traction light stays on as if I turned it off with the switch. 

If it's on and I turn a corner a bit hard I get the light flashing and front brakes pulsing. 

I dare say it's a steering wheel angle thing. You can pop the cover off the bottom of the column and check it. There's also a thread on here about it. 

that's it. This is for a falcon but it'll be the same thing I reckon. 

• Member For: 12y 1m 23d

Funny I saw this post. Mate of mine had the same symptoms on his FG

Found it to be the brake pedal switch was faulty.  Could be a good place to start and I hear it is a common problem.

Cheers BP

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Member For: 3y 3m 22d

my creader throws the same code but my t/c light doesnt turn on till I drive for about 20ish minutes, the creader also tells me my steering angtle at straight is ten degrees out (cars had a wheel alignment to this and drives dead straight with wheel slight tilt the people I bought it off had the alignment done) how do I run a calibration test im not sure if my creader does those? or is it simple enough to disconnect and rotate it myself and keep checking with the creader till its right?

Edited by Packmeapipe