Should I upgrade my rotors?

XRBoost

• Member For: 7y 10m 25d

I had my discs machined about 2 or 3 weeks ago, had a nasty squeal when braking. Now it's starting to squeal again, not as bad as before but I'm surprised the pads have done the damage this quick.

I've been told by a few xr6t owners that I would benefit greatly from slotted/dotted rotors. It was also suggested that a fresh pair of brembo pads will be beneficial although the pads in the brakes are relatively new.

Should I go down the slotted rotor path? I wasn't going to until I pushed more power into it (BA xr6t with 235rwkw at the moment) at which point I'd go with brembo brakes plus slotted/dotted rotors. 

Was kinda keen on mods for power first, which would require me to upgrade the brakes and rotors anyway.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

I'm running T2's that were already on my car which are due for replacement soon. They are brilliant however I'm throwing up between T3's on front with project mu pads or a deal I was offered for some brembos which has been screwing with my head cause I want them so badly.

when I say the T2's are brilliant, my rotors are obviously nearing end of life and I don't have the slightest hint of brake shudder or any issues whatsoever.

Edited by johnxr6t

11 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Brembo upgrade seems like a no brainer to me?

I understand the brembo brakes are the best of the best, but will the brembo brake pads suffice with new t2 rotors? Or save for t2 rotors and brembo bakes and pads?

14 minutes ago, Lennox said:

If you can't afford brembos its not like they're essential. Are your rotors even warped or is it just the pads squeeling? Maybe you just need some different pads.. 

Rotors were recently machined but was advised not to machine again as they will get too thin.

And the pads are brembo pads, almost brand new.

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

Soo.. are the rotors even warped or is it just the pads squeeling? Maybe they're just sh*t noisy pads or you've chucked track pads in there and what you really want is quiet street pads. .?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

In all fairness, "Brembo Pads" are available for trucks/buses/trains/passenger cars etc etc so just because they are Brembo doesn't mean they are a performance pads.

BTW my Brembo is the obvious solution was aimed at John. I have a spare set. He NEEDS a set so I was just poking fun.

If you can get the PN of the pads it would make it easier to determine if the pads are the issue or not.

• Like 1