SCT xcal3 or 4? Advice needed

NathanB

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 18d

Surely alot of the married xcals that are being sold are clearly stolen? I mean of course you must give the benefit of the doubt. At least you can get the thing unlocked. 

I thought there was someone on ebay that did this? I swear Phil the taxi guy @PhilMeUp just had an xcal unlocked somewhere.

• Member For: 10y 10m 22d

Hey guys,

Yeah I sent it off to the ebay guy after looking at his reviews and order history etc. Really good communication, hope to have it back this week.

I'll update once I get it back.

Cheers,

Nathan

• 4 weeks later...

For those that would like to know I got my xcal back with 5 unlocks left and unmarried and updated asap from the eBay guy. Good communication and quick shipping 10/10 would recommend.

• Like 2

$150 and guy on ebay, not sure where he was from (as in business). seemed super sketch but turned out it was ok.

still advertised on ebay for those interested.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 6y 2m 17d

Hi, as you're mentioning us (LaserNode) yes we still do SCT device unlocking-unmarrying no problem but not via eBay at the moment, also NathanB thanks for the recommendation and yes we're legit and not looking to rip anyone off, not sure what the rules are on this forum in regard to posting more info or links etc so any advice would be appreciated as to what's allowed, cheers.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 21d

Hey bud,

Please read the forum rules regarding advertising

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/guidelines/

Advertising

If you are a company and are interested in advertising on the site at a competitive rate, please email us at advertising@fordxr6turbo.com for further information.

Advertising on FordXR6Turbo.com will enable you to have a dedicated area on the site to discuss your product/service as well as product banners being displayed throughout the site.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5d

I think you'll find SCT will have an issue with you unlocking or unmarrying their devices, not us.

As above, the advertisers guidelines are in Rab's link :spoton:

• Member For: 6y 2m 17d

Ok read that and I assume I'm within the rules as I'm not "deliberately sell a product and/or service" no prob but still a bit unclear not looking to promote anything and not looking for a free ad, just a bit of clarity, also to answer k31th, SCT the company is irrelevant to what we do, I feel I'm within the forum rules but correct me if I'm wrong, willing to discuss the subject if relevant, if not then I'll make no further posts here, cheers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5d

well, as far as I know, the company who distributes and controls those devices have an interest in having them to remain tied to a single VIN. The one obvious reason is that you could use a single device for multiple VIN's if you unlock the device while the tune is still in the originally locked VIN car, which means that the device distributor/controller is potentially out of a device sale, in that sort of circumstance.

You're welcome to discuss the subject of unlocking/unmarrying, from a technical perspective, but not allowed to say "we do this for $x" etc (obvious business push).