ECU for a BA XR6 turbo

zlaya79

• Member For: 10y 12d
On 29/06/2016 at 11:15 AM, Ralph Wiggum said:

Sorry cannot recomend anyone Sydney mate.

Same model and config will work. You'll still need to work throught the process listed above though.

If I was you I would sitll pursue the Repair option if possible.

Also have a look here if you do go down the replacement list-

https://www.bulletperformanceracing.com.au/BA PPC Data Base.html

It should help you determine if a replacement will be suitbale.

All good mate, thought I'd check anyway.

I'm getting the car back into my garage, will take out the unit and see who can repair, if at all possible. Then will go down the path of "patching" another one, if need be.

Yep, came across that link a while ago and it blew my mind with the number of different part numbers for what is essentially the same car (at least the ones for BA/BF).  What were they thinking??

Thanks again, mate, much apprecaited!

On 29/06/2016 at 11:24 AM, k31th said:

fair dinkum... didn't realise there were so many different PCM/ECU codes... no wonder why people have issues trying to source/use them :)

Yep, total effin instanity, right ?!?! 

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 9y 9m 20d

Contact Grant at custom tuning in Vic, pretty sure he can do this for you if you mail your ECU to him. It is a bit of a *beep* to get it out, you can unscrew the tamper proof screws with vice grips if you spend 45 mins on it. I hacksawed some slits into them so they can be easily removed afterwards as well.

http://www.customtuning.com.au/

custom-tuning@hotmail.com

Something else to consider, how different is a BF ecu? Could you flash a BA program into it? I'm pretty sure you can do the reverse. The PCMs might have different codes but I'm pretty sure physically they are the same, they just have different programs (strategys) on them which can surely be flashed between the differnet models without issue.

HPTuners for example will let you flash a different strategy into your PCM, you can also fairly easily hack the binary to change the VIN afterwards.

Edited by rollex

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 7y 1m 24d
On 24/06/2016 at 10:09 AM, zlaya79 said:

Hi all,

I've got a BA XR6 turbo and according to my mechanic, my ECU seems to have had it.  Apparently, a common thing with these units.

The particular part number in question is discontinued with Ford and second handers are as rare as hens teeth it seems.

This might be a long shot, but just wondering if anyone here has any connections or knows someone who knows someone (We called just about everyone in the country who does spares).

ECU code: ABU-214  / 3R23- 2A650-HE

Much appreciated!

Try mr ford in Sydney bro

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

but you might be a little late on that one haha he's probably already got an ECU as he hasn't even visited this thread since 11th July 2016.

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

Wonder if someone just flashed another ECU with the same file. Surely the later model ECUs would work as well. Did they really change that much ECU wise over the years in the BA ?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 10d

There must be some difference. I am pretty sure the bf will flash alot quicker than the ba ones iirc.