iRacing

luke187

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Have done - will be getting back into it once my PC and rig is sorted

Got the screens, seat and wheel etc setup then had to pull them all down to make room for the office/kids

Have just (in the last week or so) decided to make a second PC to set it all up again in the bedroom so I can shut the door and lock out the world (kids)

edit: got out of the lower class (D?) and into C and was starting to come to grips with different tracks and cars when I had to pack it all away. Much, much different to racing AI in other games.

Edited by Rab

• Member For: 10y 3m 21d

Nice. New builds have seen massive improvements in the tyre model, dynamic track surfaces now that can have dirt bought onto the racing surface and moved all around along with rubber marbles offline. Latest update on the v8 is amazing.

Definitely intense racing againsd players, iracings the only system that has designed some sort of consequence for multiplayer racing, which gives clean racing and also adds another layer of "fear" to itr you dont find in other games. 

Haha the ole LFS. Played that when there was only a demo and spent many hours in s1. Cant beat iracing, I'll record a video and post it up. V8 at the nurburgring? :D

Edited by luke187

Yeah I did love the modding part of it. Spent so many hours building cars in it, in fact that's all I did lol, I was bout to go buy it but at 36quid ill pass lol. Still had the best turbo modelling, although assetto corsa seems to do it well. AC + yellowbird + boost wound right up = hornburger

I'll try get a couple vids up this weekend, havent driven much recently and trying to hotlap nurburgring in the v8 is a farken nightmare... The game is pretty crazy right now, how far they've gone with the dynamic track has really taken it to another level. When they have dirt im sure they'll bring wet weather tarmac as water on the track is a big thing in dirt. That with day - night transitions it might be enough for me to get some VR going - checkout this. Pity about the resolution though, sorta a deal breaker for me.

Racing wise they hold legit 24hr multi class 60 cars in a field team endurance races which spins me out haha.