k31th

Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

I cant recommend EK water pumps, lasted like a day before it stopped pumping.

If anyone ever gets an EK water pump get their more expensive ones. there has to be a design flaw in their cheaper ones cause this is the second failure with only a few hours use.

between Friday the 8th to Wednesday the 13

didn't get here today :cry:

Edit: this deal  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Logitech-G29-Driving-Force-Racing-Wheel-For-PS3-PS4-PC-Free-Postage/122808085953?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

did get a discount code paying with pay pal, price down to $325:85 

Edited by bloodycrashboy

Nice :)

I think I got my G27 off the same shop almost a decade ago.

Should add the gearstick to the order for $60 from them too

I know we technically didnt have the money to do fiber to each premises here but I do wonder how much maintaining old networks is going to cost compared to the maintenance in the existing FTTP nbn areas.

I just don't understand how they could undertake a project that was implemented to future proof our internet, but then ended up bottlenecking it in such a way that will require significantly greater maintenance and upgrades in the future. Yes, it may have cost more initially, but surely that would have paid itself back significantly over time when you don't need to upgrade it for decades?

Also, saw this on Reddit:

2 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

I just don't understand how they could undertake a project that was implemented to future proof our internet, but then ended up bottlenecking it in such a way that will require significantly greater maintenance and upgrades in the future.

they should have done fiber to the curb. then it's a much more equal cost for anyone to upgrade the lead in cable to your house to fiber.

sleeper PC ftw, @discostig probably still rocks one I rememeber he had to modify his case to fit a new GPU haha. I couldn't do it personally but it could prevent theft in the event of a break in.

Just turn the graphics down until it works haha :stirthepot:

Fair dinkum, a sleeper PC build... The amount of effort is mind boggling for the only possible reasoning that it might not get stolen in the event of a robbery...

Same. Just buy good quality parts fit for purpose and then get contents insurance and online backup for data :)

Anybody had experience with the

AOC AGON AG271QG 165hz G-Sync Gaming Monitor

Been offered a good deal from a computer wholesaler I deal with for business, including gst it's around $50 less than the cheapest Australian retail price ive found.

Edited by skidxr6t

Man that's a bloody good deal, cheapest I was finding was around $850. Might ask my guy for a further discount if possible, it's a wholesaler and their pricing is excellent for the other stuff I buy (cheaper than MSY and everywhere else). I think they import AOC screens.

Looking at the acer equivalent which I think is slightly better for closer to $900.

I have a card that supports G-SYNC...as for how well it will push 1440P is a different question though.

Also ended up getting sent back another one of the same EK water pump...fun. Can get store credit if this unit fails though. this $120 water pump shouldn't bloody fail as this is the third replacement of the same model for the same type of failure.

Edited by skidxr6t

4 hours ago, skidxr6t said:

Also ended up getting sent back another one of the same EK water pump...fun. Can get store credit if this unit fails though. this $120 water pump shouldn't bloody fail as this is the third replacement of the same model for the same type of failure.

bought this pump over 12 months ago

http://www.au.aquatuning.com/water-cooling/pumps/laing-ddc/ddc-pumps/19040/alphacool-laing-ddc310-single-edition-silver?c=7274

4 hours ago, skidxr6t said:

Looking at the acer equivalent which I think is slightly better for closer to $900.

get the next gen VR headset

better than any screen set up

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/41958/htc-vive-pro-virtual-reality-headset-upgrade

I think one of those pumps is used in the EK pump/res combo im about to get back.

will look at different brands if I get another failure...got my chinese no brand pump/res and it works fine. I doubt it fills the huge radiator to the top cause it has like no flow though but the rig doesn't over heat like it did with the EK pump.

Edited by skidxr6t