Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 24d

Yep just that @barnz I cant do sh1t no recovery point can be accessed it just returns you back to the main blue screen page.

Tried booting from safe mode wont work Keith

Ive had this happen in the past windows 7 and was able to fix this time round I'm stumped

Im about to try to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) to USB then try to reboot from USB.

Would this work?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

If you can't force it to boot into some sort of "safe mode", then your best bet is to take the HDD out, backup everything you need off of it to another machine or HDD, then put the HDD back in and re-install windows freshly on the machine.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

When I lost power this morning my pc wouldn't output via the displayport cable for some reason. Out of range it said.

I plugged the hdmi cable in and when it booted up there was no bios screen and no icons on the desktop.

After some head scratching I realized that the screen had split because 2 cables were plugged into the monitor and I was seeing the right half only.

A few clicks and a hurdur or two later all was back to normal.

44 minutes ago, Pixy Angel said:

Yep just that @barnz I cant do sh1t no recovery point can be accessed it just returns you back to the main blue screen page.

Tried booting from safe mode wont work Keith

Ive had this happen in the past windows 7 and was able to fix this time round I'm stumped

Im about to try to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) to USB then try to reboot from USB.

Would this work?

I've had stuff like that happen when pushing an oc too far.

It seemed I was rooted, no recovery options etc but I shart you not, I just turned it on and off a bunch of times and it just booted up.

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 24d
1 hour ago, k31th said:

If you can't force it to boot into some sort of "safe mode", then your best bet is to take the HDD out, backup everything you need off of it to another machine or HDD, then put the HDD back in and re-install windows freshly on the machine.

No cant boot from any other devices. Ill run it down to my local HDD Recovery place for them to pull the data out before hand.

I rang Acer hoping it might be under warranty and to no surprise just ran out 3 months ago.

They want $219 to send off and replace HDD no data recovery just a straight out swipe of HDD...........no thanks.

Thanks for your help guys.......we tried.

Edited by Pixy Angel

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Sometimes the HDD is easy to remove if you flip it over.  Just be careful to note which screws go where.  

Sometimes you need to almost completely disassemble the laptop to get at the HDD though - a job for an experienced tech.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

You could try booting the hdd from your pc, it may give better results or offer other recovery options.

All you need is a sata cable and you can copy it to your desktop.

If there isn't a spare power cable in your pc then just use the power from your optical drive.

No need to pay someone for this, it's easy.

If you need help I'm happy to post pictures and instructions etc.

• Like 2

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 22d

^aw look at that, we are monitor buddies!

if that's the RL2455HM - have you changed the setting on it to 'standard' ...they ship on RTS mode which makes text look all screwed up.