Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d

thanxs guys.

getting excited, and a little anxious, cos never done acrylic tube bending or water cooling before.

what could possibly go wrong?  :crazy:

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d
On 01/10/2016 at 6:24 AM, bloodycrashboy said:

Slowly getting there.
Need to go to shop and buy a tiny star drive set to dismantle graphics card.
Then it's tube bending time.

IMG_20161001_081702774.jpg

Reminds me of-

41aflc6W56L._SY355_.jpg

• Like 1

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

Well wife text me last night with photo of the lap tops blue screen of death...........FFS!

It's telling me PC needs repair.

File:/WINDOWS\System32\drivers\amdkmpfd.sys

Error code: 0xc000007b

requires recovery tools. Installation media disc or USB how are you meant to do that if you never got a disc/USB.

it's an ACER Windows 10

Currently running a test pass not sure if this will do anything. Know a little but not a lot about computers.

@k31th or anyone else any ideas or help would be fantastic to fix. I never use it I've got desk top all in one works great for what I use it for. Forum and DL

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

boot into safe mode (or regular mode, if you can) and uninstall the AMD graphics drivers. The resolution will go "massive", but don't worry. Download and install the latest AMD drivers from the AMD website that's compatible with your machine (google your machine's make and model if necessary) and the resolution will go back to how it usually is and the problem should be fixed. If it's something more serious, this won't fix it and neither will I be able to accurately diagnose it over the internet :spoton:

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

Haha just fixed this for my sister. Acers recovery system gets nuked by win 10 update if it was not shipped with it. Her pc would boot randomly which made the data recovery easy. I couldnt even to get it to boot of a win 10 usb (far from my first rodeo) started the setup from the usb from within windows (I never do a reinstall this way) and there was an option to "keep nothing" or "choose what to keep" windows licence was maintained which was handy as I didnt have the key, coz acer dont put a sticker on the laptop or the box. Over all Id give Acer a 4/10. Hardware was fine, bloatware rubbish. Recovery system is a joke, no keys make a reinstall all that much harder. No idea why it would not boot of a USB, changed every bios setting you could think of. USB was created from a legit, clean win 10 iso from microsoft.....

My next move was going to be move the drive to another pc start install and swap it back on the first reboot during the process ......

Tried booting of the usb again after the reinstall and even a bios ipdate for sh*ts and giggles, No dice... Im quite certain it was seeing the bootable media and just saying no for some amnoying farked reason..
  • Like 2