Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 25d

The black plastic rectangle sheet that's in the bottom of some of the reuseable "cloth" supermarket bags are awesome as a mouse pad.

The even have two textures on them (smooth and rough)

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Suh dudes?!

Aye so I guess that some of you have read about my recent electrical woes in the wpmo thread?

Earlier in this thread I was talking about issues with running my ram at it's rated speed on my pc and gaming setup.

A light bulb went off in my head earlier today :idea31:

When I built my pc back in July 2015 I originally used a couple of 8 GB Corsair Vengeance in a kit rated at 2133MHz and had no trouble for months. Now that I think back I started to have trouble when my electric woes started last year. They appeared out of the blue. The 2133 ram wouldn't stably run faster than the "stock" (1600MHz) cpu rating.

After having various memtest errors in the various testing configurations I said fark it and went and bought 32 GB of Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz ram in 2x16GB kits.

Now maybe I'm way off and my original thoughts of cpu or mb limits were correct but now I'm thinking that because I have massive voltage fluctuations it is causing my pc to run at sub optimal levels.

I know at least one of you guys knows something I don't so maybe someone could chime in with opinion or fact on what happens when a computer is subjected to 10 to 50 volt drops. I know it doesn't turn off but I do get random blue screens related to ram or gpu when it is not under gaming loads.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

Puff your issues do sound like they are related to your power fluctuations. I would say that when your voltage on the mains drop 50volts, that the psu is struggling to maintain the 5v/12v dc. The psu is like a step down transformer.

it is designed to drop the voltage of 240ac, down to a regulated 5v/12v dc. If the voltage on the input drops, the output is going to drop too.

This is due to the amount of coils in the transformer. It cant keep a constant 5v/12v dc .

This will play havoc on your ram and cpu. My money is on the fluctuations causing you grief.

once that electrician comes in next week and fixes that 3 phase situation, I reckon things will be back to normal.

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 25d
53 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

That's all way over my head :bangcomputer:

this ^^^^

ive had mine for a few years now and im only just starting to play with over clocking the gpu this week lel. 

and my hectic fans should turn up by aus day,