Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
11 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

will be very interested to find out how it performs. 

The dual 980's fall below 60fps a fair bit at 4k - even without everything maxed. Tearing and stuttering too.

They were unbeatable (100+fps) on triple 1920x1080's - so will delegate that system to the triple screen setup

New system should laugh at 4K

11 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

wow, you sure threw down some coin on this build.

Spent the best part of 20+ years bending over backwards for everyone else - and getting burnt or burnt out.

End of the day things like these are my treats :) Only really have a couple of hobbies left - cars, bikes and gadgets - as long as the kids are fed and clothed then I allow myself to splurge

8 minutes ago, luke187 said:

Haha yeah its a bit of a kick in the guts, but at the moment got a good queue of really good games that are linux native, even iracing....buuut my pedals dont work sooo.

I've tried several times to head away from Windows, but there is just too much business critical stuff on windows for me to spend time away from it long enough to get my head around.

I was hoping that the Steam OS would be the boot up the arse that was needed, but from all things I've read the performance isn't there?

Edited by Rab
  • Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Different direction :)

What was your first computer? (as a kid (parents)/as an adult (yours))

I had a Tandy TRS80 Colour Computer?? as a kid. Cassette tape player for loading programs (double speeded that MOFO) and ATARI like roms 

Pentium 60?? with 8meg ram?? and 1.2gb hard drive was my first PC that I got myself (am probably way off in the specs) 

• Member For: 10y 3m 22d

Havent tried steamos. Might do though but I wanted to use a different OS for day to day stuff too. First real pc my parents bought was a dx4/100 with 4mb ram and a 520mb hd and windows 95. Old man worked in telco companties doing installs so we got some weird sstuff. Had an NEC APC4 which ran on NEC os haha and a bunch of 286/386's. 

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

Celeron 333 32mb ram of some kind cant even remeber the rest of the specs. It was as sh*t as you would expect it to be. Got like a 8meg ati video card way before they were called radeons or had anything to do with amd. Got into quake and then Half Life happened followed by counterstrike and you had to take your actual sh*t somewhere with a bunch of other peanuts to play them.

Then adsl happened and suddenly gaming online became viable and not wildy unfair depending on if you could afford ISDN etc.

Dont think I have had a completely new pc since to be honest, Latley my dvd burner has survived probably the last 8 builds and my case the last 3. DvD drive is pretty much filling the spot on the case I dont have a cover plate for anymore...

Went to AMD for a very long time after that, everything from K6 to FX then back to into intel around ivy bridge I think

Always had a mint amount of hard drive space and drives back then...coz school had like 20 or 40 gb hot swappable drives in the pc's and I had a key....End of lessson sometimes puters didnt work anymore, I was a turd I know

• Like 2

sooo, apparently the forum auto corrects comm odore 64 lol

I had most of the early model PCs 286/386/early model pentium 75s. Started off with DOS then windows 3.1 and up. Still got the 5 1/4" floppies.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Was wondering what a Camira computer would be like - would have got PCOTY and be hated by everyone who had a clue

Hmmm - sounds like Mac

• Like 1