Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 2d

CPU, RAM, cooler and Motherboard have turned up - GPUs and main hard drive probably won't be here til after the weekend :(

Am fighting the urge to put it together with what I have (will be using my main case, so will be without a 2nd PC til it's done)

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 3m 21d

Yeah honestly the cpu overclock made little change gaming wise. Even an 100mhz overclock on the GPU made more difference. Maybe with a console port you might find something CPU bound to really take advantage of the OC, for normal usage it definitely feels faster though. I have a 770 which is probably slightly slower than your 960 and have can pretty much run any game max or high and a solid 60fps. Witcher 3 and a few others were the exception but still  got a solid 40-50fps with very high.

Would also recommend msi afterburner for the the 960 oc.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 2d
33 minutes ago, mightbuyaford said:

do it! dooooooooooo ittttttttttttttttttttt nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! :D

Decided to hold off til the weekend - there's a slight chance I could get a delivery tomorrow and am also at my busiest time of year (work wise). If something went wrong tonight on the build I'd be stuffed tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, luke187 said:

Yeah honestly the cpu overclock made little change gaming wise. Even an 100mhz overclock on the GPU made more difference.

Would be interested to try something like Minecraft or ("soon to be released") No Mans Sky - I reckon they'd be more CPU limited than GPU (to a point)

^ yeah cpu will be noticable of the lower end bitmaps and that much like minecraft. Also mathematical will be noticeable with everyday stuff like documentation and photo editing

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d
53 minutes ago, luke187 said:

Yeah honestly the cpu overclock made little change gaming wise. Even an 100mhz overclock on the GPU made more difference. Maybe with a console port you might find something CPU bound to really take advantage of the OC, for normal usage it definitely feels faster though. I have a 770 which is probably slightly slower than your 960 and have can pretty much run any game max or high and a solid 60fps. Witcher 3 and a few others were the exception but still  got a solid 40-50fps with very high.

Would also recommend msi afterburner for the the 960 oc.

just installed msi afterburner last week. no idea how to use it yet

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d
1 hour ago, Rab said:

CPU, RAM, cooler and Motherboard have turned up - GPUs and main hard drive probably won't be here til after the weekend :(

Am fighting the urge to put it together with what I have (will be using my main case, so will be without a 2nd PC til it's done)

need moar pics

show us your motherboard and ram