Show us your PC and/or Gaming setup

k31th

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

That's good.  I was thinking dual cards should work properly now after being around for ages.  Do they get close to double the performance of a single card or is it still a diminishing ROI?  Probably depends on the game as always, obviously the resolution and if CPU is the bottleneck too.

2 minutes ago, MattyP said:

I don't like Intel chops though for the sheer reason of cost

Yeah I run an AMD FX-6300 - was like $100 hahaha

It's a slow chip, but Doom still only uses half of all six cores.

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

I cancelled loading of that pic, whatever it is it's like 10MB 

Resize it for us plebs on phone internet?

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 2d

Current 980's going into a dedicated machine for the driving rig. New ones are replacing them in the gaming rig

4TdSZG7.jpg

• Like 5

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 28d
14 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Also got two gtx970s on the way battle field and forza come at me!

Hopefully your experience with SLI is better than my mate with twin 980's. He's deciding whether to sell one card or sell both and upgrade to the gtx1080.

I'm running an overclocked GTX780TI and what pisses me off is it's a very powerful card but it's held back by only having 3gb vram!

in my opinion the only reason nvidia has the edge is they pay game developers to optimize their games for them. They are also quieter and more energy efficient. My 780ti gets upto 70C under full load and idles pretty much at ambient temp. I do have twin 140mm fans blowing directly onto the card however.

Edited by johnxr6t

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d
They have, and still do

No way they have always had an edge, there has been a fair bit of tit for tat over the years. Titan X is the best card avalible right now. AMD releasing a stonking budget card based on 14nm tech which has to be nearing the limits of whats possible. Is surley just a taste of whats coming as the budget card actually dates the R9 series with its newer tech.

Nvidia will then do something better and the competition will go on and the end user will keep spending money. Nvidia cards have Physx or whatever which is a wanky advantage at best in particular games/scenarios and its actually possible to just run a cheap nvidia card deticated to it aside a radeon if you care about it so much.

same same with intel vs amd. Intel actually let them copy their stuff back in the day, then stopped but licenced the x86 architecture to them. Later on AMD came up with the x64 architecture and intel were forced to eat humble pie and licence it from AMD so they could keep producing cpu's more or less. Lots of different instruction sets are not a viable option for OS manufacturers like Microsoft so the manufactuers have to play nice to an extent. Similar thing with ARM and architecture on mobile devices. The little competition between manufacturers is still healthy for the end user. Nvidia is certainly going to have to rethink its pricing given amds move, which is great for the end user as franky video card prices were getting out of control. You could buy 3 ps4's for the price of a top spec card...PC gaming is better and my preferred option but farkin hell..

Same thing with Intel until AMD stops focusing on cores and clock speeds and Intel still stomps on them with single threaded performance which still matters alot evidently, Intel will have the better cpu's and no reason to lower their prices. I got an i5 this time around and despite its lower clock, core count and higher price tag it smashes the AMD FX cpu's I have had.

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 28d
9 minutes ago, mightbuyaford said:

2 card FTW! I can give you a hand to set them up matty boy if you need 

SLI on, SLI off, SLI on, SLI off, SLI on, SLI off, SLI on SLI off. I don't need to say more than that.

It might only annoy you if you play more than a few games or want to play older games etc.

2 minutes ago, barnz said:

Intel still stomps on them with single threaded performance which still matters alot evidently

I gotta admit, intel do make some good chips sometimes:

then either a GTAV update or nvidia update rendered the game completely unplayable until I bought a i5 4690K!

sucks my G3258 topped out at 4.5ghz, I had 4.8 but wasn't stable at all!

Edited by johnxr6t