Sourcing Project mu ns400

ERICtheBERIC

• Member For: 9y 6m 24d

Trying to buy a front set of the NS400 pads, but not having any luck finding any on ebay. Project Mu's website lists their options as [XR6/8 PBR ] and [std 2 pot 1 pot] but the PBR option doesnt have a price. Has anybody bought these recently that might be able to help me out?

Cheers

http://www.project-mu.com.au/en/products/pad_ns.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 6m 24d

I was quoted $229 +shipping from project mu, $220 from Tokyo motorsports in perth, and a forum member can do them for $180 when available. Theres no ebay listings for the NS400 for a falcon front, but there is a listing for a HC800 for $287 shipped. Just wondering if the HC800 pads are still useable for street applications and if its worth the upgrade over the NS400? Its going on my daily but its gonna see a fair bit of track driving,  but yeah prices seem to be pretty all over the shop and they seem to be a pain to get a hold of. Not really sure what I wanna do at this stage but, whats some other performance brake pad options for a BA? Or are project mu pads really the sh*t and I should just put an order in

HC800 listing:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PROJECT-MU-HC800-for-FORD-FALCON-BA-XR6-XR8-PBR-02-9-AVP-104-F-/181982968468?hash=item2a5f07ba94:g:q7AAAOSwaA5WjNEn

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

There is sometimes supply issues as the stock goes fast and I'm going through at least three complete sets a month on my own but the kicker with yours Eric is the fact they are the PBR upgrade pads.

not very common and not many pad manufacturers stock the pad shape anymore for these calipers and this is why there's some delay going on but the info I've heard is that , " if you know a supplier that has them get them" 

and my supplier doesn't currently have them so apologies mate :) 

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

If I was doing bulk track driving I'd be going the hc800.. look at the friction specs on em. the ns400 look quite sh*t when comparing to hc800 or even other similarly priced brake pads - ie qfm a1rm

However supposedly they are really quiet and low dust, if that's what you want. If it was me and I was tracking the car I'd be willing to put up with the noise and dust and go for the best possible performance 

Just an opinion - do your own research and come to your own conclusions, people are sheep

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Eric, weren't you using the PBR 322mm fronts? If so I'm pretty sure they take standard BA pads? The PBR 325mm rotors use different size pads, which might be the ones referred to on the Project Mu site.

If that's the case, eBay has plenty of listing's for the standard size pads.

Apologies if I'm totally confused!

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

You're confused 

they are a completely different pad, look similar but no dice as I've already Tried for Eric !