FG F6 Sedan build to 600rwhp

BigMoscow

• Member For: 10y 3m 22d

FG F6's came with forged pistons, every thing else engine wise is the same to a normal turbo motor, dont forget to add oil pump gears in your list too. FG cams are good, think guys have gone as far as 950-1000whp with them. Really hard to find info when the stock cams get restrictive though. Would love a set in mine but money spent there is money that could be better used elsewhere.

Have you looked into a 6466? For that sort of power using the stock log manifold that's where id be going first, saw a car on the weekend put down 670rwhp on e85 with a stock bottom end. Needs a few minor mods to fit as I dont think they are water cooled but I believe the stock dump and the rest of the piping fits up.

+1 what keith said too, quality over width (within reason) if you want grip. Last set of tyres I had on my car were some china specials and were shocking which turned into dangerous in the wet. Even though they were 265's they'd spin hard from 80 in the dry with only 320rwkw or so.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d
I am hoping to stay with the internal gated turbos to keep the noise down. External gates have a dead give away every time you let go of the gas pedal.

Are you getting waste gate/blow off valve confused?

You can plumb back an external gate so it's not loud if you're thinking of that screamer pipe sound

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 18d

If your in Perth give Monsta torque a call. They do a 66mm wheel and 0.7 front cover which makes more power than the 3582r and is more responsive. As stated building the box is a good idea. But no need for billet input shaft. Cyro treated will do fine for that power and save you money. I would go the process west stage 3 cooler.

You will find many tuners won't want to push the car too hard on 98 (even more so with a 6 year old car with 70k on a unbuilt motor) E85 isn't too bad in Perth. I live down in rockingham and just do a trip to the city once per month with 200l worth of jerry cans. E85 is magical stuff. Once you try it you'll never go back to 98.

• Like 2

• Member For: 7y 9m 28d
10 hours ago, jacobmitchell92 said:

If your in Perth give Monsta torque a call. They do a 66mm wheel and 0.7 front cover which makes more power than the 3582r and is more responsive. As stated building the box is a good idea. But no need for billet input shaft. Cyro treated will do fine for that power and save you money. I would go the process west stage 3 cooler.

You will find many tuners won't want to push the car too hard on 98 (even more so with a 6 year old car with 70k on a unbuilt motor) E85 isn't too bad in Perth. I live down in rockingham and just do a trip to the city once per month with 200l worth of jerry cans. E85 is magical stuff. Once you try it you'll never go back to 98.

I like the turbo idea. I will look into that further. The closest station to my house that sells e85 is about half an hour away. I have three kids and the youngest one (3years old) loves cars. We can't put him to bed or make him eat his food without gymkhana or some car craziness playing in the background. We find him in the garage constantly. Usually behind the wheel of my F6. Don't want to run the risk of him getting into the fuel. so storage is out. 

Gearbox wise I see that the cost difference is not that huge to go to a billet shaft so might as well. Plus will see about extra clutches while the box is out.

as for the motor, we will see what sort of condition its in. Car was in very good nick when I got it. Every single service done. Plus you could see the owner loved the car. It could go boom today or last years pushing 600. No one knows.

13 hours ago, Lennox said:

Are you getting waste gate/blow off valve confused?

You can plumb back an external gate so it's not loud if you're thinking of that screamer pipe sound

Def. waste gate. Even plumbed back in, it has a very distinct chattering sound when you leg go of gas. Perth police are on an absolute war path. When it comes to modified cars. In my GTR I used to get pulled over constantly. One of the reasons I sold it. 

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m
54 minutes ago, BigMoscow said:

Perth police are on an absolute war path. When it comes to modified cars. In my GTR I used to get pulled over constantly. One of the reasons I sold it. 

now now they're not too bad if you address them properly and don't bullsh*t them...too much :P  

I'm cheeky and if im getting a yellow sticker I'd tell them since mine is an ex cop car the non compliant items must have been done by the cops! I'd get pinged for no blow off valve and they'll be like WTF IS THIS when they see the overboost valve (which is legal I believe).

2 hours ago, johnxr6t said:

now now they're not too bad if you address them properly and don't bullsh*t them...too much :P  

I'm cheeky and if im getting a yellow sticker I'd tell them since mine is an ex cop car the non compliant items must have been done by the cops! I'd get pinged for no blow off valve and they'll be like WTF IS THIS when they see the overboost valve (which is legal I believe).

I don't know if it was my 145kg 2m frame or the GTR or both but my wife and I stopped taking the car out. Got pulled over every single night. Bonnet up and just giving us a hard time. I understand they have a job to do but there is a difference between a $5k slapper and a classic with over $30k put in it.