Barra intake manifols - Back to back testing

• Member For: 10y 9m 27d

Every time I have done a bigger plenum swap on spring pressure I have found the boost has changed with a drop as rpm increase. Only a pound or two but I feel you would be better off using some form of boost control to be able to level boost out again if required. I have a spoolinboost plenum you can add to the comparisons if your interested.

IMG_20150718_145252.jpg

IMG_20150718_143933.jpg

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I with other knowledgeable individuals have concerns that when it comes to plenums and AFT that outright CFM or total HP does NOT paint a fair picture of what is the "best"

some very big consideration to all of these style tests is something that can be overlooked and that's "off boost" performance 

yup funny but we spend more time in this area than on boost

this is where the N/A path comes into the mix and can be a very big difference in best case product 

it could be seen as silly but I believe if these plenums were tested on a Barra 4.0 NA the results may very well be different 

but who cares about drivability xD

• Like 2

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Unfortunately,  I can only speak of my own personal  experience. My Plazzy race series is absolutely  fantastic with normal everyday driving. As we  only have  a base map in it ( more road  tuning on Sat),  I expect that it will only get better.   Have you tuned many Jet?

The majority that I  know with Hypertune's ect. All have big cams and vernier gears. I'm  guessing  that drivability isn't a concern for those guys. ..

1 hour ago, turbo_will said:

Every time I have done a bigger plenum swap on spring pressure I have found the boost has changed with a drop as rpm increase. Only a pound or two but I feel you would be better off using some form of boost control to be able to level boost out again if required. I have a spoolinboost plenum you can add to the comparisons if your interested.

IMG_20150718_145252.jpg

IMG_20150718_143933.jpg

I agree and we will now be doing 20 psi and and one much higher.  I think that  the test mule will be running  a gtx55 turbo,  so we might stretch its legs a little....

• Member For: 10y 9m 27d

Gaz097 unfortunately for us some utter scum has just started copying our plenums and turbo manifolds. We have never sold on gumtree. If anyone has further info please pm me. Cheers Will from spoolinboost

• Like 1