FG motor into BA running rough

T-Rex

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 1d

Fellas,

Just put an FG2 Turbo motor into a BA and fired it up and it's running what seems a bit rough

Only started it and ran it for about 30 seconds before I had to go out, it sounds like it's got a lumpy cam and was idling at about 1100 opposed to the usual 1000 - things that I can think of at the moment are a bodgy vac line I had to do and sealed with gasket maker on the barb at the manifold (plastic fitting with the 8mm and 6mm barbs on one) or the injector plugs that had the permanent marker rub off a few.

Any suggestions where else to look when I get back?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 21d

Is it using the fg ecu or ba ecu, just thinking if you are running the ba ecu it may just need a tune. Im no expert just a thought

Edit: If you only ran it for 30 seconds it could just be cold idle rpm, otherwise possibly thermo. Also make sure fuel is good.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 1d

Sorry should have pointed out it was cold start. I let it run till warm and it seemed normal apart from the exhaust sounding a little lumpier, although I know they have different cams but I wouldn't expect that much difference hence why I was/am worried!

The motor had been fitted to a BA previously so I'm not sure about the phasers to be honest

It is the BA computer and was tuned (not for the motor I've put in) - going in for a retune ASAP but think I'll trailer it there instead of babying it.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

Ba pcm will run an f2f motor. Won't have individually variable cam timing(unless ba fpv pcm) but will happily control cams otherwise.

Op did the fg motor come with injectors?