FG F6 Ute vs FG XR6T ute

powelmac

• Member For: 8y 5d

Hi everyone, this is my first post here! Currently in the market for an F6 ute or and xr6t ute. I am in a twist whether to go with either of these two. What im really wanting to know is what is the difference bar the turbo ,brakes and badge? I heard the Ford has more body roll than the F6 which is a big factor for me as I want it to be reasonably stiff throughout the corners. I am willing to put about 5-6K of perfomance mods in to create a nice street car, in manual. Here are an example of the two I am looking at:

Ford: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3560612 ( Full leather, front and rear brembos, zorst and lowering kit)

F6: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3916895 

The ford is about 9-10K cheaper so im up in arms

Also my older brother has a VF Bogan special redline so I want to smoke him lol

If I have posted this in the wrong section I apologise.

Thanks

Edited by powelmac

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 15d

If you get the xr6t in a months your going to wish you got the f6...

Aswell as the larger turbo I'm pretty sure you all so get mahle pistons standard and bigger rods I think

• Member For: 10y 4m 29d

most of it is fairly obvious from a cosmetic perspective. Mechanicaly its different suspension, engine(stronger in f6), f6 has bigger brakes (this is probably its greatest strength over the xr6). F6 has a larger turbo, not quite as responsive as the fg xr6t's but feels stronger in the top end. Injectors are larger in the f6, slightly better intercooler in the f6 so there is a bit more scope in the stock parts for more power with the f6. In stock form the f6 is the better car in pretty much every way. Its also a fair but more expensive.

Which is where the but comes in, so you willing to spend 6k on mods? what if you could spend an extra 10k on the xr6 by saving on the purchase price of an f6. Your probably going to end up with a better car. The brakes really need to be factored in though as the xr6t's are less than adequate..and 6/4 brembos are worth alot..

But it wont be a fpv, it doesnt have an fpv interior or look like an fpv...They really arent that common either. I dont see a great deal of them around now I think about it. Heaps of HSV's though.

Also either car will stomp on even a lightly modified Bogan special redline even in stock form, the fg xr6t(in auto form) in particular will leave your brother wondering wtf from a set of lights, given on paper they have the same power..As you want a manual you will have to pedal it but should still pull his pants down

The stronger motor, brembos all round, larger turbo and the fact its an fpv and all that comes with that makes it worth the 10k more imo

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 17d

Get the XR ute, clean and low kms. The extra 10k gets a 5 link and decent coilovers up front (if they aren't already).

You'll still have ~4k for power mods.

• Member For: 10y 4m 29d

actually had a look now....that's a 4pot brembo front, single pot pbr rear brake setup. So not as appealing as a 6/4 combo but even so much better than the xr6's brakes. Why dont brakes matter to people lol?

Your also limited to around 300rwkw on the xr6's turbo so factor in a turbo upgrade if you want anymore.

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 28d

I love my F6. But the Xr6t in this example has teins, brembos, low kms, is almost $10k less.... The F6 is just a badge. There is nothing on it worth $10k more than the xr6t. Plus that's 10k you can spend on mods.

As an F6 owner, buy the xr6t

And barnz, The F6 Ute only has single pot rears. Mine has 6pot fronts, single pot rears. Something to do with the solid rear axle

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

Yeah, that XR6T is the goods...if that's what I was in the market for I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake!