BTR 4 Speed

polishboi.luke

• Member For: 11y 2m 1d

Depends what bta motorsports put in it. If they just did a standard rebuild, I'd say it's a hand grenade for a modified xr6.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 28d

I was looking at one with a BTR that had been built and the main things you need are:

Strengthened (kevlar bands etc), BIIG transmission cooler that bypasses radiator and modification of the shifting so it literally BANGS into every gear (sorta) cause you want the gearshifts to be as fast as possible.

But the price just ain't right for all the work the car needs, thousands and thousands of dollars needed to be spent.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d
2 minutes ago, johnxr6t said:

I was looking at one with a BTR that had been built and the main things you need are:

Strengthened (kevlar bands etc), BIIG transmission cooler that bypasses radiator and modification of the shifting so it literally BANGS into every gear (sorta) cause you want the gearshifts to be as fast as possible.

But the price just ain't right for all the work the car needs, thousands and thousands of dollars needed to be spent.

You don't. You want to balance the shift speed to protect both the clutches and the hard parts (especially with a Btr trans) fast hard shifts = happy clutches and sad hard parts, slower shifts - sad clutches and happy hard parts.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 28d
3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

You don't. You want to balance the shift speed to protect both the clutches and the hard parts (especially with a Btr trans) fast hard shifts = happy clutches and sad hard parts, slower shifts - sad clutches and happy hard parts.

I stand corrected, what you say makes perfect sense.

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 16d

Iv had 560rwkw going through my btr an never had a drama with it, box was 5 years old as well an I did several  9 second passes with it.  trick to make them last is a good gearbox builder an good tuner, as well as knowing the weakness of the box which is the overdrive fourth gear, never smash it in that gear an always drive it in manual mode.