Air conditioning intermittent problem

boost69

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 4d

Guys,

I have a problem with my air con on the FG which has progressively gotten worse...

Sometimes when I start the car up it can take over 10 minutes before the air conditioning fan starts blowing air through the cabin...

I can feel a faint cold draft coming out of the vents, so it looks like the compressor is working and producing cold air, but the problem is the internal blower doesn't  actually engage to push the air through the cabin.

As I'm driving along, all of a sudden the blower fan just turns on and everything is normal...Once the fan comes on it works normally until the next time I turn the ignition off, and then it's a touch and go situation where the air con will turn on normally or it will take another 10 minutes to kick in...

I know a low voltage situation will turn the air con compressor off in an FG, but this problem relates to the internal blower fan engaging...

You guys think the blower fan could be getting stuck?...or could it be some type of air con control module issue?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

Dodgy fan electrical connection that only completes the circuit when it shrinks a bit from cold air passing over it for a while?  Only guessing here.  Does it come on even if AC is off the whole time?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

What if you've plastidipped the lid...on the inside