Dunlop SP Sport Maxx - honest opinions??

PTR_NITRO_FG

• Member For: 16y 8m 6d

I think they cop of a lot of flak that's undeserved. They weren't brilliant tyres but I didn't think they were that bad. They seem to do ok in tyre roundups. My biggest grief was uneven wear which I haven't got with my Invos (alignment has not been touched). I ditched them at 20,000 km but I also pushed them on track and for a street tyre I thought they were good, I knew exactly what was going on, no squirming like I had with the Invos on track, and they hung on pretty well under brakes before ABS had to kick in. 

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d

Guys,

Just for the record in case anyone is shopping around...

I just ordered a pair of 245/40/18 Dunlop Sport Maxx...$185 each...

I think Tempe Tyres in Sydney might be slightly cheaper, ($175) but I couldn't be bothered dealing with the crowds that hang out there...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d

Guys,

I rung up Kmart Tyre & Auto and asked them to beat the cheapest price on the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx I got, and they did.

They did the tyres for $160 each.

So I got the rear pair replaced also.

I just rung up on a whim because of the price match commercial that's on TV at the moment.

Edited by boost69

• Member For: 11y 3m 17d

Less road noise and better wet weather traction are the two things I noticed when going from a cheaper alternative to a dunlop sp.

In the dry they wont hold the killer wasps any better than a cheaper tyre in my experience.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d
22 hours ago, boost69 said:

Guys,

I rung up Kmart Tyre & Auto and asked them to beat the cheapest price on the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx I got, and they did.

They did the tyres for $160 each.

So I got the rear pair replaced also.

I just rung up on a whim because of the price match commercial that's on TV at the moment.

Lets hope they balance your wheels properly......I will never go to a KTAS again....rtards put like 8 weights around the inner rim's edge and I was told by another shop that obviously the guy didn't know WTF he was doing when he 'balanced' them lol

For anyone who cares....I ended up selling my sp sports with some rims I had....never even tested them out lol I am pretty happy with my re003 I bought recently. not excellent in wet, but good enough to handle if you're not being stupid. pretty bloody sticky in dry. I dont anticipate them lasting more than 15,000kms or something :P