Gtx3576 oct2014

Bizkets is Drunk?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d
19 minutes ago, Bizkets is Drunk? said:

Whata the issue then luke.

Why is the wheel touching the housing? Excessive shaft play or is the housing cocked?

Just looked at video again, whats up with the ganked oil line install?

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 13d
On 13/03/2016 at 11:39 PM, Ralph Wiggum said:
Why is the wheel touching the housing? Excessive shaft play or is the housing cocked?

Just looked at video again, whats up with the ganked oil line install?

that's the way it was from old mate the first time

What would a small bend do to a forced liquid really.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d

Dunno. could just be the angle of the video, but it a tighter bend that I would comfortable with a -4 hose like that.

Not saying it's cause the failure, but it doesn't look right to my eye.

• Too heavy needs boost

Well that's how bellend did it the first time so I did it again after my last one spun. Ill change it around tomorrow and see what happens

By the way luke any rail jobs going in Perth. Lol

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

No way was it installed like that, the MTQ brand has additional length yes but this is how I do my installs 

First pik was over two years ago when new 

ZE1IVuW.jpg

this pik is from like a month ago untouched , you can see the line doesn't move even with the slack there 

cSFbpuv.jpg

other installs ...

6UMCTMS.png

uzmYZuu.png

1QxscAf.png

• 2 months later...
  • Too heavy needs boost

Aaron you say you never installed like that before. This is mine with the earls line you installed. the pw kit and the gt76 is my first round of mods as in the vid. I installed it the same as you put it in the first time with out plumbing tape on the oil inlet to the turbo.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Brad 

I can't prove or disprove what you're showing me as I don't have any pictures of your installation but I do have a picture of when the item was bought ( 2/12/13 ) and then it was fitted and you collected your car on the 12/12/13 

the fact is ( without being obvious ) you're saying "potentially" I installed an oil feed line with a radius bend. 

You state a few times that there has been adequate oil flow 

I state that "if" that radius bend was impeding oil flow that the turbo's would of lasted hours maximum not years ...

I didn't fit your GTX turbo but I did help you out getting it cheap, I'm not sure what you're implying except that I "could" of "maybe" ( allegedly ) installed an oil line with not great aesthetic value on your original turbo ( GT3576 ) 

you have my phone number and you can ring me whenever you want, I've been enquiring on your failed GTX and Don's to see if anything at all could be done in your favour and Don's ( BenDoCo ) is the only one who has returned his potential failed unit to the place of purchase ( MTQ ) for an official inspection.

the results of this inspection from Professional Garrett turbocharger technicians is the fact his unit has NOT failed but has a "noisy" bearing pack. 

So in conclusion a fully rebuildable/serviceable unit that will incur a fraction of th cost of a new unit. 

I personally spoke with Donald ( BenDoCo ) this week and informed him of the situation that he had no idea of, I've done this off my own back to "help out" and did not have to. I further gathered more information from him regarding serial numbers from the turbo in question 

What if anything would you like me to do from here for you when you have not taken it in for an inspection ?

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 29d

I dont see any bends in any of those photos that would impede oil flow. Ive been running a restrictor at the turbo end that has like a 6mm hole maybe slightly smaller for like 3 years, no problem. BB turbo dont need a huge amount of oil. Draining is very important though, I imagine with the bolt on gtx the drain and feed were orientated perpendicular? Did you pull the return line to the sump and inspect it when first turbo died biz?

Are you seriously pointing the finger at jet? im not rushing to defend him (fark him) but none of those photos are convincing me, and im not sure which pic ralphs comment about a tight radius was based on? appear to be no pics prior to his comment?

also didnt stigmata help don install his, it died? purchased at same time as yours?

• Like 1

• Too heavy needs boost

Stig did dons install yes and me and my brother did mine. Not pointing the finger at anyone. I just take pics of everything I do so I dont do anything different. Dont have pics as my phone died 6months ago. So if its a noisey bearing pack shouldn't that be garretts probably to fix and not the customer. So if its just noise its fine to drive (safe) or not.