SZ MK2 Turbo Conversion

CLuTZ

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 12d

I have been looking at going from a G6E Turbo to a RWD Territory Titanium SZ MK2. Obviously I was looking at purchasing a non turbo 4L and possibly doing a conversion to it.

I am guessing the ZF in the Territory isn't as strong as a ZF from an XR6 or G6E? Would there be anything like loom swaps or different mounts required?

Has anyone thought/tried/done a 335 5.0L conversion into a Territory?? :dancing:

Any comments appreciated!

CLuTZ

Edited by CLuTZ

• Member For: 9y 2m 15d

There was a company in Vic that used to do the old BA/BF V8 conversations in to territory's so it's more then possible. The barra would be easier and cheaper. As for the ZF, same same maybe a different trans tune because of diff ratio but should be easy fix with a flash tune. Find a crashed Turbo and transplant everything over I would think, flash and away you go. Sounds simple but my guess not cheap either.

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 10m 13d
On 13/03/2016 at 11:59 AM, CLuTZ said:

I have been looking at going from a G6E Turbo to a RWD Territory Titanium SZ MK2. Obviously I was looking at purchasing a non turbo 4L and possibly doing a conversion to it.

I am guessing the ZF in the Territory isn't as strong as a ZF from an XR6 or G6E? Would there be anything like loom swaps or different mounts required?

Has anyone thought/tried/done a 335 5.0L conversion into a Territory?? :dancing:

Any comments appreciated!

CLuTZ

This is something I would love to do, barra turbo a SZ.  What happened in the end?  Did you go ahead with the swap?

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

that was a good :mole: effort.

I noticed that the OP was last on the forum on the 17th of December, so he still jumps on every so often.

Wait a bit till he jumps on and I am sure he will reply.

I am going to tag him, just to get will reply to your post.

@CLuTZ

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

Interested in doing this too. The petrol 4L Titanium is only available in RWD which I don't mind, less weight and they can fit a nice tall tyre on the back so traction will be in no way worse still.

I figure it's no harder than converting an FG N/A to turbo? Get turbo, exhaust and intake manifolds, set up a fuel reg and a 2 bar map sensor and off you go right? I'm probably a year away from going down this road but that's what I want to do. The Territory Titanium is like sitting in a FGX G6ET

• Member For: 8y 4m 2d

is the chassis/driveline/body mounts the same from RWD to AWD, if so you should be able to put AWD driveline under a RWD?
it would make sense that the chassis and mount points are standard between AWD and RWD for ease of mass producing