Tyres , sidewalks cracking?

karlp2

• Member For: 10y 7m 12d

Hi, has any else experienced issues with the Goodyear Eagle F1s getting cracked inner sidewalks?  I've just had the second pair split, have never let them go below 40psi, normally run 42.  Pissed me off still had 6mm tread on the first pair, and now this second pair still have 4mm.  The tyre shop are saying that I must have let them run under inflated.  Anyway just wondering if others have had this issue with this tyre?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

+1 for age.... I've seen 6 year old rubber with cracks all over the sidewall....was on a set of rims that I suspect were also left in the sun for a year or more. But for it to properly split through the sidewall is interesting. Did you get any warranty or was their claim that you must have run them low and too bad so sad? 

Got a set on my car (40 psi cause 245/35/19)....and ive run them on my 18s previously and no issues. 

• Member For: 16y 11m 4d

I am running 35psi  in my  . GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 2,  235/45R17 ...Front and Back.

All 4 Tyres still look good after nearly 2 years and 23,600Km.

I like them because they are "nice and quiet " on the Highway.

From: https://www.beaurepaires.com.au/goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric-2

Customer Reviews

Great tire -shame about the cracks

Swapped from Pirellis to this tire and road noise virtually halved. Grip seems good . Have had 4 so far (Man date 2014) with significant side wall cracking at the junction with the wearing surface layer - looks like a systemic manufacturing defect . Other than that great tire.

Also: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric.html