4'' VENOM DUMP PIPE

JK 47

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 24d

Has anyone used the venom 4"dump,asking about the fitment ,doe's it fit without hitting anything ,and doe's it fit nice and high,as in ground clearance,    thanks for any imfo

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 23d

Yeh mate venom do both a dump/cat section that's bolt in and just a cat section that's bolt in and both are really good products regarding fitting/performance/looks and clearance :) 

if anyone wants one a can help out with better than rrp 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 24d

I recently bought one for my bf and it hits on the steering heat shield. Welds and pipe lengths leave a lot to be desired internally where the 2 pipes join to the 3.5 inch pipe. Apart from no clearance with the heat shield it fitted up without any hassle.

IMG_20160224_090058[1].jpg

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 23d

The BF and FG have different cats, They tend to go meow in a different way.

In regards to the dump pipes, would they be the same part?

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
35 minutes ago, masda74 said:

The BF and FG have different cats, They tend to go meow in a different way.

I'm pretty sure all three parts are different between the bf and fg, though I could be remembering wrong. I called Venom before xmas and the bloke I spoke to was more than happy to discuss everything with me.

I only pointed out the negatives earlier (before my morning coffee) and I forgot to add that ground clearance is as good as it possibly can be and I haven't had any issues whatsoever with height. I had no trouble aligning bolt holes and getting everything tight. The heat shield interference can be easily fixed with a blowtorch and ball-pein hammer with no ill effects to performance.

It makes a nice whistling sound too if that's your thing.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d
1 hour ago, masda74 said:

Hey Marco....I was trolling their ebay page last night....theres a full 4" dump tapering to 3.5" and apparently matching up to the stock catback (and others). Its $895 RRP.... I dunno how long its been on the market for (and if I was reading right he also does a twin 2.5" catback system for the FG too - but that wasn't a listing on ebay so possibly early days?). 

I'm kinda tempted to sell my cat only pipe; but I don't think there will be much difference at the low 300 end on 98. Plus maybe I'd have to do the wastegate port + flapper mod and you know how I am with my budget lol 

Edit: just read your post completely wrong....thought you were asking if there was a venom dump pipe available on its own

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG
cause I cant read properly

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d
2 hours ago, masda74 said:

No, dump pipes aren't the same between B & F series...BA-BF turbo location is higher than FG because different exhaust manifold 

Longitudinal positioning is also different iirc

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
1 hour ago, PTR_NITRO_FG said:

Plus maybe I'd have to do the wastegate port + flapper mod and you know how I am with my budget lol 

I didn't port my wastegate and (obviously) has the standard flapper. I can run 12 psi straight off the gate with the venom dump, cat and twin 2.5 pipes with the rest of the system stock. Maybe you wont need to?

Also old mate said that he hasn't got around to updating their online stuff yet but it is available iirc.

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 23d

I thought as much about the dump pipes.

I knew that the cat's were different cause during our group buy, I had to make sure we had the right model.

In regards to dump pipe, I think I will be changing out the cat and get the whole assembly put in. still not sure where I will be heading.

I got to sit down with Rob and have a good discussion.