boost69

• Member For: 9y 3m 5d
1 hour ago, boost69 said:

Looks OK...but I still reckon the XR6T would be more rapid...especially down low...not sure on top end in stock form though...

Mustang Chaser.JPG

I think you'll find this is being used for evaluation towards finding a suitable replacement for the falcons and Late model camira in the near future. Most likely highway patrol.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Think it's a promo only vehicle and not general duties bound.  Coupes would be an instant no for exactly the reason mentioned above

• Member For: 10y 9m 30d

Anyone else taken a 4 cylinde Ponyr for a run lately? (good luck trying to find a v8)

Compared to my FG XR6 turbo I foud it slowish (to be expected) but I was really disappointed in how wide, heavy and unsporting it felt.

Looks like I'll be keeping the Fg for a while longer

• Member For: 10y 4m 29d
Good luck getting them in the back seats. Mate had a convertible from work and the only people sitting in the back are oscer. No leg room at all

Think it's a promo only vehicle and not general duties bound.  Coupes would be an instant no for exactly the reason mentioned above

2 door pursuit cars are used all over the world, they just call another car to pick old mate up if they are loosing their freedom. A majority of traffic offenses dont require detaining people with exception to DUI offenses..

• Member For: 9y 3m 5d
47 minutes ago, barnz said:

2 door pursuit cars are used all over the world, they just call another car to pick old mate up if they are loosing their freedom. A majority of traffic offenses dont require detaining people with exception to DUI offenses..

^^ exactly, general highway patrol duties. It's in all the media lately that the police are investigating replacement vehicles for when the production ends which in the falcon case right now and commodores next. Everything from general duties to highway patrol will need replacing with suitable vehicles. Think you'll find a few surprises when this happens as there won't be much to choose from at an affordable price point to compete against the fading locals. They'll either be US or German performance vehicles, can't see a Camry Hybrid catching much!!!

Edited by Nitrofgxr6t

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Makes sense if they don't actually bundle people in the back much.  True I rarely see people in the back of cop cars.