lower ball joint gone?? URGENT!!!

psifed2

• Member For: 11y 9m 2d

I replaced these on my BA xr6t about 60  000 ks ago as I had front end apart. Old ones seemed ok but anyway. I replaced with a pair from eBay for $28 a pair, seller told me they supplied them to some Ford dealers as there the supplier for the genuine ones....no idea how true but they looked I identical to the Ford ones. 

Just wondering when I should replace again. There is a clunk in front end that's felt in steering wheel when turning or turning into a driveway actually kinda like a pop in steering wheel... From what I remember it was very very  easy to press the ball joints in So hopefully the cast iron arm is not worn where the ball joint presses in.. How many times before I have to replace the whole arm?

How do I check ball joints? Should I disassemble and see if they move freely?

• 7 years later...
  • Member For: 1y 2m 30d

Hey Team I have the same issue as this on my recently crashed falcon (no structrual damage thank god) just susspention issues. bottom ball joint is hitting the rotor and ive noticed its not flush with the arm like the other side this may have saved my I <3 Bananasen mind ive been lost on how to fix it and just getting agro not being able to fix it